Solved

OVO Charge Anytime my EV is charging immediately?

• 13 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

OVO charge anytime 

I have been using charge anytime for the past week and was led to believe that when you connect the charger it doesn’t automatically charge straight away, but everytime I have connected the charger the car has started charging immediately 

is this the norm?

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 13 March 2024, 22:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Liamlc86 , it depends on several things but sometimes the system needs to ascertain what level the battery is at. 
If it’s charging under CA then it might stop and start several times to aim for your ready by time

Badge

Thank you for the heads up, it doesn’t seem to stop at all just carry’s on charging. My schedule is to ready by 7am

Userlevel 2
Badge

What charger do you have? My Indra Smart Pro used to do that at first.  I queried it with Indra and it turned out to have been left in 'compatibility' mode by the installer.

They fixed It, and It now behaves properly - although it still generally starts charging way earlier than it needs to, in my experience.

Badge

I have the OHME home pro charger. It still seems to be charging at the SMART but just thought it was a little odd that it starts charging immediately 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think your Ohme must be doing something similar to my Indra. I was also getting Charge Anytime rates for all my charging. I'd send Ohme a query.

Badge

I find that sometimes it does start charging instantly, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on what the grid is doing... BTW, don't ever use the boost function, just adjust your schedule through the indra app. That way, you can get instant charge (if needed) with the charge anytime rate ;)

Userlevel 7

Hey @Liamlc86,

Any update on this? Did you contact OHME? 

Badge

I contacted OVO before OHME and the advisor confirmed everything is fine. I am being charge correctly.

rather than contacting OHME I’m just going to leave it and not try and fix what’s not broken so to be speak lol 😂