My experience- Charge Anytime and Renault Connected Services

• 29 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I thought it would be helpful if I described my recent experience in trying to extend the subscriptions to Renault’s connected services.

On it’s third birthday, all of my Renault Zoe’s connected services stopped working and so did Ovo’s Charge Anytime app. Charge Anytime’s reported mileage and battery status did not update further despite having driven and recharged several times.

In the Renault app and website (https://my.renault.co.uk/contracts.html) those services were just shown as “Ended”. I gather each should have had an “Extend” button but this was absent.

My dealership was unable to help and could only direct me to Renault Customer Services (034 433 50000). I called Renault and had to provide the car’s original registration (I have a “cherished” number plate) and Vehicle Identification Number. (VIN).

In an email, Renault replied “Since the Easy Link website is not yet available, you will not be able to renew the services by yourself, therefore I am happy to  request a one year extension for the Remote Control Pack & Smart Navigation, free of charge, once the current subscriptions appear as 'Completed' on the system. Kindly note that these subscriptions can take up to 72 hours to become fully activated  and same happens for the deactivation which is currently in progress.”

After 144 hours in the app/website the “Pack Remote Control” detail had only changed to “Pending”. I emailed Renault again. The customer services representative replied that this service “still appears to be at “Activation in progress”. I was asked to provide screenshots of the car’s multimedia screen showing the Data Sharing setting, the Software Version and the Network Status.

Renault replied “I am contacting you today to inform that the technicians had to reactivate the communications with the TCU (Telematics Computer Unit) in your vehicle. For this reason it might take yet another 2 or 3 days to confirm whether this situation is resolved and the Remote Control Pack is 'Activated'.

A mere 144 hours later and a “park in a strong mobile phone signal area, turn the car off, wait five minutes and turn it on again” exercise as instructed by Renault, the system updated and both the Renault and the Charge Anytime apps began working again. Now I can again benefit from Ovo’s Charge Anytime tariff.

Heaven alone knows what will happen when these services need extending again.

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Charge anytime just stopped talking to my Megane. Did as FAQ suggested by deleting and re-adding car but it hangs at the “Connecting to your Renault” screen.  I can see my car using the renault app so I think the car is working properly.  Any other Renault owners seeing an issue?

Its been working fine since December

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well it seems to be back working now but it says I have no registered cars on my account though it shows “My Renault” on the drop down on the top right of the app.  Will see if it starts charging at 21:30 like it says it will.

Userlevel 2
Badge

it did start charging but its not recording the amount correctly  Ive emailed OVO.  There is definitely something not right.

Userlevel 7

Once you get a response from chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com if you’re able to pop back with an update @wkeithg that would be really helpful for any Community Members in a similar position. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

It’s now back working as it used to except it says I haven’t got a registered car even though “My Renault “ appears on the dashboard page.   I got a banner this morning telling me to enable Renault connected services and delete and reconnect my car.  Unfortunately there isn’t a car to delete on the app.   It’s obviously talking to my car as it charged through the night and I got a saving and after going out this morning I set it to charge by 12:00 and ot has started.   Looks like the metadata got mangled yesterday when I was trying to delete and reconnect my car. I’ll see what support say.

Userlevel 7

Let me know if you don’t get a response and i’ll give them a nudge @wkeithg 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got a response from support.  They passed it over to the “technical team in Kaluza “ and they identified that my car was “incorrectly flagged for deletion by a bug”. 
 I suspect it is related to me trying to add my car again without deleting it, then deleting it, then trying to add it again.  Incompetent users may not have been part of the testing! 
So all working and credit will be applied as normal.  

Userlevel 6

Hey @wkeithg 

Glad to hear you were able to get to the bottom of that and all is back to normal.

If you’ve ever got any questions in future, please feel free to pop back to the Forum.😊