Solved

Indra Charger Comms Issue

• 19 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

Had my Indra Charger installed for a week now.

Done several charges with no issues, OVO has 'seen' them fine.

Until this morning that is.

Latest charge has not shown in the OVO app and it's been saying there is an issue try again later.

Got home and charger was flashing purple, which I understand is a comms error.

Rebooted and now white again, but OVO don't seem to know I charged last night, as I guess there was a comms problem.

Will this sort itself out or will I be charged at the full rate for this charge period because of a comms drop?

And anyone with an Indra, how common is it for this to happen, bit worrying.

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 20 February 2024, 15:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, does the charging session data show up in the Indra's History tab? If so, it should be reconciled automatically with Charge Anytime, normally pretty quickly. If that doesn't happen within 48 hours I'd get in touch with Indra Tech Support and ask them to sort it out.

I had a lot of connectivity issues with my Indra at first. Initially they were blamed on flakiness of the local 4g signal, but when they persisted even after changing to a direct ethernet connection to my router, Indra decided to replace the charger comoletely. The replacement has been 100% rock solid so far - almost 3 months as I write this.

Badge +1

Hi, logged into my OVO app this morning, and it does look like it has now reconciled.

Just tried to log in again and it now saying there is a probvlem connectring with your charger, please try again later.

So it looks like my Comms has dropped out yet again, at work so cant confirm if its flashing purple.

Not looking good at all.

Shouldnt be any problem with the 4G signal, have a strong signal in my area.

Userlevel 6

Hey @neil0129 

Like MikeyB has said, if you’re still experiencing some issues with connectivity, it might be worth contacting the team at Indra.

You can reach out to our Charge Anytime team by email via chargeanytime@ovo.com. 

For more information, you can also check out our helpful Charge Anytime FAQ page, as well as lots of handy forum topics:

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.🙂

Badge +1

I purchased the product from OVO and was installed by an OVO engineer, surely OVO should resolve the issue if its not fit for purpose??

Userlevel 6

Hi @neil0129 

You can contact our Charge Anytime team directly via email, chargeanytime@ovo.com.

We don’t have access to accounts or such on the Forum, so you’d need to get in touch with the team directly about this specific scenario. They can look into this in detail for you based on your own personal setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

From what I’ve observed, Ethernet seems to be the most reliable connection method for Indra chargers, since there’s no 4G or Wi-Fi signals that can be randomly knocked out.

If you’re up for it, Indra can most likely assist with switching your charger to Ethernet - you’ll need a free Ethernet port on your router or a switch on your network. Nothing too fancy, any port will work fine.

Badge +1

Not really feasible to run a ethernet cable to where my charger is installed.  And i should noy need too, as i said 4G signal is very good in my area, and i paid good money for this charger which stares it will work with 4G, if it dont then its a flaw and i be asking OVO for a refund. (they supplied and installed it so buck stops with them)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It does do 4G. I’ve spoken a lot of folks who use theirs that way and report no issues.

Badge +1

Obviously i know it does 4G, that how mine is connected.

But i shouldnt need to reboot it almost every day as it loses signal, in a very strong signal area

Userlevel 7

I got some info from the team that might be helpful:

Charger flashing purple indicates "A flashing purple light on the Smart PRO indicates that it has lost communication with the Internet" if you’re experiencing this issue you would need to contact Indra on
 01684 770 631 or atsupport@indra.co.uk to troubleshoot.