Solved

Hypervolt EV charger, when will this be compatible with Charge Anytime?

• 10 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Just read on another convo on here that OVO don't have a date for when the hypervolt charger will be ready for charge anytime.

Why is it even on there as an offering at the moment? People are probably getting that charger based on OVO saying this will be working by early 2024, it's still not working and there is not date for when it will be.

And having a compatible car doesn't save you either of it's a newer one, OVO seems to be quite slow with getting this sorted out. 

All quite poor from OVO 8 thought.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 10 April 2024, 17:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It is clearly listed as not compatible yet. If you choose to buy anyway, that’s on you - especially as three other Chargers are listed as Compatible Now AND there’s a link to a list of Compatible EV’s that also work.

Full support for the Hypervolt is coming soon. I don’t yet have a date.

Caveat emptor, as they say, is definitely relevant here.

Thanks for the quick reply.

You haven't really answered my question though. OVO are telling people the hypervolt will be ready for early 2024 (I'm sure people have already purchased this charger based on what OVO have told them).

I think most people would agree that early 2024 has passed and there is still not even a date this is expected to be working. OVO could certainly do better here, give people a expected date or take it off as an offering all together so people don't make the wrong choice.

As for compatible EVs. Most on the list are 2022 models or older. My 2023 xc40 isn't on there. OVO say it's a Volvo issue and Volvo say it's an OVO issue (so I've read elsewhere on this forum) so as a customer what am I meant to believe, someone isn't telling the truth.

You risk putting yourself in a bit of a predicament if you take OVO at their word.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Early can also mean the first half, rather than the first quarter.

They should probably just be more careful with what they are telling their customers, it really wouldn't take that much effort to even just give an update. OVO are selling the charger as one that's going to be compatible with an open timeframe on when that will happen. 

I might be able to see it differently if it was just on a list that will be compatible in the future, but OVO are actually selling it! 

Seems a bit strange.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well, in that case perhaps I should mention that you’re not currently talking to an OVO employee. I’m one of the Forum Volunteers here.

However, that doesn’t mean I don’t have magic tricks of my own. I’ve already pulled one off in the last 24 hours regarding Hypervolt. I have it on good authority that there will be updates posted on the Forum when a date is available.

The solution however, is pretty obvious and self-explanatory. If you want Charge Anytime via your Charger NOW, you should pick one of the three other compatible Chargers that are already supported.

I shall watch with interest. Thanks for the conversation.