Solved

How to add my Ohme Home Pro charger to the Charge Anytime App?

Badge

As the subject says I cannot figure out how to add my Ohme Home Pro charger to the Charge Anytime App, all I can see is a list of cars?

When I open the Charge Anytime App is asks me to ‘Link to your OVO Energy account to start saving’.  I press continue and enter my OVO Energy account details and click continue.  And then I’m just presented with a list of car manufacturers to select from but no chargers.

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 7 April 2023, 14:58

View original

20 replies

Badge

Same problem here.  Their website suggests you don't NEED to use the charge anytime app, but I don't know how to set charging up without it.

Just plugged my Polestar into my ohme charger and it started charging straight away.  I have set my price cap at 10.01p so I'd like to think the ohme will only be charging on the anytime tariff...but who knows!

Userlevel 7

Hey @simonk1969,

I’ve asked the team about your issue and will update this topic when they respond.

I hope this helps. 

Badge

Hey @simonk1969,

I’ve asked the team about your issue and will update this topic when they respond.

I hope this helps. 

Badge

Thank you!

Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/02/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Hey @GaryxG @simonk1969,

You don’t need the charge anytime app if you are using the Ohme charger, you add anytime via your offers an upgrades in your OVO app and then use the Ohme app 😊

Badge

Thanks! I've done this. Do I then set my charging through the ohme home pro app? Do I need to do it via a schedule or can I just plug in and it will only charge if the lower tariff rate is available?

Userlevel 7

Hi @GaryxG yes you’ll need to set a ‘ready by’ time and a % charged level via your Ohme home pro app. OVO will do the rest to make sure your battery is charged by the time you need it! For any questions about the Ohme app itself, they will be best placed to advise. 

Badge

I've recently had my ohme charger installed. How do I add charge anytime to my account? I know there's two options. If I try to connect to the car, I can't currently because my tesla app hasn't added my car yet. I bought it Saturday.  If I try to add my ohme charger. When you pick the tariff. Charge anytime doesn't show up on the tarriffs. Any idea at all? Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Jiffj43 !

I’m a forum volunteer here.

You’ll want to connect the Charger in this case, which you can do via MyOVO.

Any trouble, feel free to reach out to the Smart Home Team. They’re REALLY good at solving these! smarthome@ovoenergy.com .

Badge

Hey @Jiffj43 !

I’m a forum volunteer here.

You’ll want to connect the Charger in this case, which you can do via MyOVO.

Any trouble, feel free to reach out to the Smart Home Team. They’re REALLY good at solving these! smarthome@ovoenergy.com .

Thank you. When I try to add via the ovo app its asking for my car (which isn't updated yet) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You’ll probably want to do it via a computer rather than the app

Badge

Is this on the charge anytime app? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Nope, you can’t use the Charge Anytime app with a charger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Try this one https://account.ovoenergy.com/anytime/eligibility

Should work

Badge

Thank you. I tried this. When I do this it says. Now connect your charger via the kaluza app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hmm… I’d have a word with the team in that case. They’ll get you up and running

Badge

Hmm… I’d have a word with the team in that case. They’ll get you up and running

Thank you. Appreciate it

Userlevel 7

@Jiffj43 did you see ‘Your EV’ in the online account? That’s where you link it up with Kaluza, and you’ll use your Ohme smart charger app to manage your charging. All of this happens without the use of the Charge Anytime app which is used by direct to vehicle Charge Anytime customers. 

Badge

@Jiffj43 did you see ‘Your EV’ in the online account? That’s where you link it up with Kaluza, and you’ll use your Ohme smart charger app to manage your charging. All of this happens without the use of the Charge Anytime app which is used by direct to vehicle Charge Anytime customers. 

Sorted it now. I've done it through the ohme charger etc. Thank you 

Badge

Hi @Jiffj43 

how did you link via Ohme charger