Solved

How do I make sense of Charge Anytime credits?

• 27 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

Has anyone been able to make sense of their charge anytime credits on their bill? For the 2nd Quarter running I’m trying to reconcile the credits with the electricity used according to the Indra app and, yet again, there’s a big difference between the two - always in OVO’s favour!

Using the data from the app I’ve been under credited by £65 over the quarter, in fact as far as I can see I’ve been under credited ever since starting on Charge Anytime 6 months ago. It’s not helped by OVO simply stating “Charge Anytime Credits” and no further detail eg how many kW the credit has been applied to. Yes, you can work it out but I don’t want to spend a couple of hours checking my electricity bill every quarter and then spending even more time trying to sort it out.

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 29 February 2024, 12:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

I’ll ask the team and report back @marinerblueuk 

Userlevel 7

Hey @marinerblueuk, the team advised to email them at chargeanytime@ovo.com.

You should be able to see the breakdown in the ‘Your EV’ section of My OVO online account. If not, the team can look into this for you. 

Badge

OK will email them at chargeanytime. The energy usage in the Your EV section of the online account tallies with the usage in the app but doesn’t relate to the credits that have been applied that are around £65 too low for the quarter.

Userlevel 7

I’m sorry to hear this, if you can it’d be really helpful if you pop back once you’ve had a response from the team @marinerblueuk. This advice may be helpful to other Community Members in a similar position. 

Badge

I have received a reply but it is clear that they haven’t actually read my email since it doesn’t answer my question. the team have answered that the reason for the discrepancy is that the usage shown in My Account is for the calendar month whereas the bill cycle is from the 22nd of the month to the 21st of the following month.

This is not the answer since I used exactly the same period as the billing cycle from the daily record on the app ie from the 22nd to the 21st of the following month. The calendar month total usage shown on My account and the app match exactly so OVO must be getting the same data.

It is unacceptable to simply put a figure in your bill without any explanation as to how it is generated ie number of kW it relates to. I have never been able to reconcile the credits since signing up to Charge Anytime and the difference in the last quarter is over £60.

Unless I receive a satisfactory explanation to the credits on my bill I’m going to complain to the Ombudsman

Badge

For anyone trying to reconcile their charge anytime credits this is what I’ve learned:

1. The quoted charge anytime price of 7p includes VAT (slightly confusing since all OVO’s other charges seem to be quoted excluding VAT)
  2. Although the bill says that it is for the period, for example, the 22nd January to the 21st February the Charge Anytime credits are for a different period entirely - the month of January, in other words 75% of the credit applies to your previous bill period and 25% to the current one! Yes, you can work it out but it’s far from straightforward.
  3. All the credits are only accurate to +/- 10%. I don’t understand why when the charges are supposedly 100% accurate
Userlevel 7

Hey @marinerblueuk,

I’ll ask the team internally and see what they advise.

I’ll pop back once they respond. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @marinerblueuk,

If you’re unhappy that your issue has been resolved or explained in full, are you able to reach out to the team at chargeanytime@ovo.com. I’ve advised them you’ll be in touch.