Solved

EV Charger Not Working With Charge Anytime

• 29 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge

So I have a BMW 330e and a hypervolt 3 (Installed by OVO).

My issue is, with my granny charger my car would charge fine and I would receive the credit from charge anytime as my car would only charge when the grid is at its greenest.

Now I have an actual EV charger, the charge anytime app doesn’t work like It did, It sometimes gives me credit, it sometimes gives me part credit from a charge and other times I pay full whack for the entire charge…

I don’t have a clue what is happening and I have checked every setting I can possible think of and see but nothing I do seems to fix this. 

I'’m fully aware that the hypervolt charger cannot connect to charge anytime currently unlike say Ohme, however I have a compatible EV/Car which worked perfectly fine before. 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 30 January 2024, 08:26

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @xJames99 ,

It sounds like the charger has a schedule that might be interfering with CA. Try turning that off and see if it helps.

Otherwise, ping an email to chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com - the team there can help!

Badge

The charger has no schedule set up as I checked this, I have emailed but no response as of yet. Not pleased after spending so much on this.

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear this, I’ll let the team know you’ve emailed @xJames99 

Userlevel 7

The team have advised they have an open complaint with you and someone from the team spoke to you on the phone earlier. Someone from the team has emailed you with further details.

I hope this gets sorted for you as soon as possible @xJames99.

Badge

I hope so too :( I was just curious if anybody else had similar issues with Hypervolt charges, hence messaging here. 

Badge

This complaint should be re-opened, yet again I’m facing further issues and I’m just fed up with it all frankly. I understood buying an ev charger would improve the process of charging my car and make things easier, I was far from knowing the truth! 

my car is very much plugged in, my car has been on and off charging very much from Monday, yet the charge anytime says last updates Monday… literally charged the car today (Friday)….

Badge

Problems after problems with charge anytime 

my car is very much plugged in, my car has been on and off charging very much from Monday, yet the charge anytime says last updates Monday… literally charged the car today (Friday)….

what could he causing the OVO charge anytime app to just stop updating after around 2 months ish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi again @xJames99 ,

Please let the team know directly via chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com . They’re the best ones to help you.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @xJames99

I’m really sorry to hear that your still facing issues with the charging. As @Blastoise186 has said please email the team and they will pick this up with you directly. I have reached out to them to make them aware that you will be in touch! 

Keep us updated on your progress.