Solved

Do I need to email the Charge Anytime team from the same email as my Charge Anytime account?

• 6 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

The address my isp uses for sending emails is not the one I use on my chargeanytime account.  Will this cause a problem getting their attention?   I know some companies only respond to queries coming from the email account registered with them.

icon

Best answer by wkeithg 13 March 2024, 19:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s possible that it might be a hurdle @wkeithg , as they often use things like that to verify/link to an account. 
Do you not have an option to send otherwise? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks.  I’ll check if I can tweak something in my email client.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Discovered that bizarrely my ipad sends from the email I use for chargeanytime so I have re-sent my mail from there.  Interestingly I cant set up my email client using that account - virgin media seem to have blocked setting up a new one but they are happy to let an existing one login!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You need to migrate away from ISP email services sooner or later - they’re all slowly going the way of the dodo.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You are right but as a 68 year old techie I (and my wife) have got about 30 years history of using this address as an identifier so it’s a big job to change.

Userlevel 2
Badge

They responded to my email from my different account so using an email that is different from your login doesn’t seem to be an issue.