Question

Credit on bill does not match savings on Charge Anytime app

• 8 December 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

I have been on Charge Anytime now since September. I am seeing credits come through on my bill but they are not close to the savings for the month being shown on the Charge Anytime app.

I have tried contacting the various helpdesks but have not got a sensible answer yet….

See data below… any help gratefully received!

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hard to say from just this, can you get a screenshot of the apps saving page for October

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Mattp007 

Have you tried emailing the smart home team ?

Smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the replies

@Jeffus  I have tried emailing the smart home team and after a few false starts (one rubbish response and a couple of attempts to call me) they have now come back and asked for screen shots. Will let you know how I get on.

@Chris78  see screen shots for October below.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Mattp007 

Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having with Charge Anytime.

Glad to hear the smart home team have now got back to you with the request for screenshots. Hopefully they get back to you again soon with a solution. 

Keep us updated with how you get on with this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Abby_OVO  Still not heard anything back having sent in the requested info 7 days ago…..

Userlevel 7

I’ll ask the team for an update @Mattp007 🙂

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mattp007

I’ve checked with the team and they’ve confirmed you’ve already got a ticket raised with the team, they’ll make sure it's escalated and email you 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Emmanuelle_OVO  Thank you!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi. Quick update…

I have received an answer from the technical team that the difference is VAT. Ie. The discount on the bill does not include VAT (5%) whereas the Savings shown on the app does include VAT.

Unfortunately this in no way explains the differences I have seen. I have asked for a breakdown of the daily calculations of how the credits have been charged for a month (October) so that we can get to the bottom of what is going on.

Will update as I get more info.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Quick update. The technical team have now investigated properly and come back with a sensible answer. Thank you OVO, persistence won out.

There are two ways of registering your car with the system - via the standalone ‘OVO Charge Anytime’ app and also via the ‘Indra’ app that manages the wall charger. The system can only use one method to calculate your credit!

I had managed to register my car with both! When I first got the car and was waiting for the charger to be installed I registered via the app and all worked well. Then when I got the charger installed I was registered via the Indra app as well. Initially the internet connection to the Indra app was poor with constant cutouts for 3-4 weeks. As the system was using that to calculate my credit the amounts were wrong as they did not have all of the data. The OVO Charge Anytime app however did get the data and so was showing me the credit (though its data is supposedly less accurate than the Indra app)….

The fix is simple. De-register my car from the ‘OVO Charge Anytime’ app so that everything is managed via the Indra charger and app. The tech team said that this was likely to be most accurate. They are now hopefully calculating the credit I am owed.

Would be good if OVO can get something in their FAQs around only registering with one app so that others do not have this confusion.

Hope this is helpful!

Userlevel 7

Thank you for the update @Mattp007, this will be really helpful for other customers in a similar scenario! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks OVO, additional credit now calculated. Thanks for sticking with this and getting to the bottom of it after a few false starts. Great service - well done.