Solved

Charger not active? Is it my EV settings or the App?

• 3 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have just received my new car and plugged into charge - the earliest i could choose to have car ready was 3pm (fine, i accept that).

Now (90mins to go) car shows 74% and i have selected 90% as the max… yet the charger is still not acitve and the dashboard reads ‘Charging Next after 3pm’

Is it going to kick in at some point or do i have setting incorrect?

icon

Best answer by ChrisIX3 12 May 2023, 18:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @ChrisIX3 and welcome to Charge Anytime and the world of EVs (or is this not your first?)!

Can you tell us if you’re using this with Direct to Vehicle (D2V) or via a compatible smart charger? 

Charge Anytime should take your ready by time and max charge % and it should do the rest, hitting your ready by time no matter what. Some more info might help, such as what EV, do you use the EV’s app etc

Badge

Hi @Tim_OVO ,

Apologies, I have been away.

I have a Ohme untethered home charger, a BMW IX3.

Both Devices have their own apps.

They are now set

BMW - Charge Immediately 

Ohme - Avoid Peak Charger ‘off’

i did this to get a charge in the car, but may be different to how it was when I was trying to get OVO to work.

How should they be set to allow OVO to override them?

I will be home this evening and will set again to charge overnight and see what happens.

Thank you

Userlevel 7

Hi @ChrisIX3,

If your have a Ohme Home or Ohme Home Pro smart charger, that is compatible with Charge Anytime. You’ll need to link up the charger via your online account here. From that point onwards you can use your Ohme app to manage charging. You should disable charging via the BMW app. All control should be with Charge Anytime via your smart charger. 

Any questions on this, just let us know!

Badge

Hi @ChrisIX3,

If your have a Ohme Home or Ohme Home Pro smart charger, that is compatible with Charge Anytime. You’ll need to link up the charger via your online account here. From that point onwards you can use your Ohme app to manage charging. You should disable charging via the BMW app. All control should be with Charge Anytime via your smart charger. 

Any questions on this, just let us know!

Little confused at this, are you supposed to use the Ohme app OR the Charge Anytime app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ohme app. :)

Badge

Ohme app. :)

Thank you. I was completely confused with that. 

Badge

Thanks all. Just for interest, what I have found works…

I am now using the Charge Anytime app, I have the BMW set to ‘Charge Immediately’

Ohme is showing charge to full ASAP.

Charge anytime is set to hit 90% but 8am tomorrow (school swimming gala, worse luck!), and charging is working, I think.

The disconcerting thing is the BMW app sends notifications to my phone saying it has updated the charge setting to a time window and the car ready by… neither of which are accurate.

I think this is update being passed to car coming from the charge anytime app everytime it kicks in and out.

I’m trusting the app 🤞

Userlevel 7

@ChrisIX3 I’m sure you know what you’re doing and I’m just being a Charge Anytime novice here (allbeit an OVO employed one), but, I’m still unsure whether you’re using Charge Anytime via the smart charger route or the direct to vehicle (D2V) route. 

It sounds like you’re D2V, using the Charge Anytime app. Were you given any advice on what to set the Ohme charging settings to? and likewise for the BMW app?