Solved

Why are you charging an £8 subscription to Charge Anywhere?

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

So you overtook bonnet to get a app for public chargers, which i was excited about until I read that to get a discount I have to pay £8 for 15%… and I am a ovo customer were is the loyalty in that.. Its starting to make me rethink my supplyer, espcially as octopus gives its customers on ev tarrifs charging discounts at public charger via the octoverse app…. mmmmmm

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 17 April 2024, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can use the free option instead you know, or pay less for a smaller discount 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Here we go. If you want 10% off, it’s actually £2 a month which seems pretty reasonable to me. It’s £8 a month ONLY if you want the 15% off deal and the super duper premium service - which is basically at your discretion whether you want it or not. The FREE tier just charges standard rates - you have options.

Either way, you can probably recoup that pretty quickly if you charge a lot at public charging points.

By the same token, I pay £54 every three years for a Disabled Persons Railcard, which in return gives me a 34% discount off pretty much ALL rail travel in the UK (including the London Underground) and if someone’s with me, they too get the 34% discount as long as they’re with me for the entire journey and the journey is for my benefit. Obviously, if we’re on a day out to the zoo together for example, that’s fine - as long as I’m also benefiting from the journey then it’s totally cool.

Just one (single or return) journey on Avanti West Coast from Birmingham New Street to Glasgow Central or Edinburgh Waverley and BOOM! That’s my £54 recouped pretty much instantly in savings. After that it’s basically pure profit in my wallet. That’s essentially what the Light Boost and Turbo Boost of Bonnet do.

Additionally, Bonnet/OVO Charge Anywhere is supplier-agnostic and doesn’t require folks to use OVO for basically anything else.

Or you can just NOT buy said Railcard and pay full price for your rail travel and/or NOT buy the Bonnet Boosts and pay full price charging. Up to you really - I know what I’d do.

Userlevel 2

Hi @rchiileea,

I’m sorry to hear this.

As Blastoise186 has mentioned there are a few different options for the Charge Anywhere Boost. You’d be able to find more information here -https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anywhere