Solved

Charge Anytime Issues - BMW i4 M50

• 29 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Badge

Hi there, 

I have installed my first Easee One charger at my home this week, and successfully linked both my BMW i3 and i4 to the charge anytime app with Kaluza.

For some reason my BMW i4 isn’t updating on the app and shows that it was last updated on Monday. I have charged the car a few times since then.

The charge anytime app is also saying the car is currently charging, the car is not plugged in and the car is with me on my commute. I also cannot see the i4 in the savings tab.

The i3 seems to be absolutely fine however, and I can also see it in the savings section of the app.

Is there a reason why this isn’t updating, and have I still been using my charge anytime tariff to charge the car?

icon

Best answer by Jazdeep 4 March 2024, 15:38

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Jazdeep !

I think the Charge Anytime team will need to dig the logs for this one. Sorry to be a pain, but could you email them on chargeanytime@ovo.com please? This exact link will help you set that email up a bit more easily.

Thanks!

Badge

Thank you @Blastoise186, I've just sent that email on to chargeanytime@ovo.com..
I will share any feedback I get in the forum/topic.

Userlevel 7

Yes if you could feed back when you get a response @Jazdeep, that would be really helpful 🙂

I’ve added an EV owner badge to your account so that other EV owners can recognise you more easily. 

If you don’t get a response from the team within a few days please let me know and i’ll give them a nudge. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You should also never bring a Charizard to the House of Blastoise…

Blastoise used Hydro Cannon! It’s Super Effective!

XD

Badge

Hi all, 

Issue is now resolved, I re-paired my car with the Charge Anytime app via Kaluza this weekend.

Touch wood it seems to be fine now.

Email I received today from support for everyones reference:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jazdeep, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear Charge Anytime isn't working as it should for you right now.

There are high chances the link between Charge Anytime app and EV app is broken as its not recognised car plugged in. 

Can you please delete the car from the Charge Anytime app and re-add the car to check if this fixes the issue.

If the issue continues, please let us know along with a screenshot of the Charge Anytime app when the car is plugged, and we can investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Anish

Zero Carbon Living Support Expert

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​​​P.S @Blastoise186 Charizard uses flamethrower to torch the battle field and then Seismic toss to win the battle! ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge

… Living Support Expert

… as opposed to the zombie bots others have to deal with?

Badge

My BMWi4 edrive40 suddenly stopped communicating with my charge anytime app yesterday and I’ve been unable to smart charge since. No issues with the BMW app or remote access. Have tried deleting the car from the charge anytime app and reconnecting the car to the app but now the charge anytime app will not accept my BMWid and password and won’t find or connect to my car at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @markingram ,

Usually, the Charge Anytime team can get you back on the road. Can you let them know via chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com please?

Badge

I have emailed them but I think they won't be able to respond for several days over the bank holiday. I was hoping to find out whether there is any fix that I could try to get me up and running before them

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not really I’m afraid - it sounds like you’ve already done them

Badge

I don’t know if this will help as I don’t know what charger you have and I have an audi but just in case………… I have an ohme charger and have their app I also had ovo anytime app and obviously my audi app. The ohme app was not connecting to the car and the ovo app also was not connecting to the car. The advice I got which did work was delete completely the ovo app switch the breaker swith off and leave for 10 minutes switch back on and the ohme app would connect to the car which it did. Good luck I know how frustrating it can be.

Userlevel 6

Hey @markingram 

Sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble getting re-connected with the Charge Anytime app.

One of our volunteers has left some good advice here in contacting the team and I can see you’ve done that, so they should be able to help advise on the issue if you’re still having issues.

Another community member has also left some helpful advice;

I have an ohme charger and have their app I also had ovo anytime app and obviously my audi app. The ohme app was not connecting to the car and the ovo app also was not connecting to the car. The advice I got which did work was delete completely the ovo app switch the breaker swith off and leave for 10 minutes switch back on and the ohme app would connect to the car which it did. Good luck I know how frustrating it can be.

Keep us updated with how you’re getting on.