Solved

Charge Anytime compatibility with Hypervolt Home Pro 3

• 9 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Does anyone know if the Hypervolt Home Pro 3 will work directly with Charge Anytime, anytime soon?  It says on this page ‘early 2024’ https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/smart-charger#choose, but we are into April now...

The phone signal is very poor at my house,  so although my car is compatible with Charge Anytime, it often does not work as my car can’t connect to 3G or 4G.  The solution (I think) is a Indra or Hypervolt charger that can connect via wifi or ethernet.

I am on my second quote for an Indra charger, but each one has thrown up a a different obstacle.  Coincidentally I have an electrician working at my house already on an extension.  He can buy the Hypervolt charger and install it himself.  But the Home Pro 3 doesn’t look to work directly with Charge Anytime, which is the whole point!

icon

Best answer by Shads_OVO 10 April 2024, 11:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @farmerice ,

I think you’ll be best off with a Charger that can do Wi-Fi or Ethernet. I will check the status of Hypervolt support - please bear with me as this may take a day or two.

Badge

Thanks.  Yes, wifi or ethernet is the best option for me.

Userlevel 2

Updated on 17/04/24 by Abby_OVO

Hi @farmerice

Blastoise186 has made a good point here.

The Hypervolt Home Pro 3 would only be compatible with Charge Anytime depending on the EV that you own currently. You’d be able to find a list of the compatible EV’s here.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a set date for when the Hypervolt charger will be fully compatible with Charge Anytime but this is still being worked on behind the scenes. As soon as we’re able to, we will provide an update on this.

While we work on Hypervolt compatibility, we do have customisation options available for purchase and fitting with us, see more on this at the topic below:

For more on setting up Charge Anytime with a compatible EV or smart charger, check out our handy topic guides: