Solved

Charge Anytime App not updating with BMW iX

• 2 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi all, my charge anytime app hasn’t updated its connection with my BMW iX since early Thursday morning last week.  Not been able to do a smart charge since then.  I’ve tried everything I can think of so can only assume OVO need to update their app?  Anyone else having issues?

icon

Best answer by Gary Alford 10 October 2023, 20:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

BMW has been a bit of headache I’m afraid. The Smart Home Team might be able to help you out though, so if you email them on smarthome@ovoenergy.com they can take a look.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I had similar with my Mini before (which is BMW of course). Problem was the Mini online service had updated the T&Cs and this wasn’t apparent in the app (Mii app was still working perfectly). When I logged in to the service on a desktop web browser I had to accepts the new T&Cs and set a new harder to hack password before it would let me log in. Having done this the OVO app connected straight away. Might be worth a try?

Userlevel 6

Nice advice there @Gary Alford! Glad to hear it reconnected no problem after doing that.

@Foxy86 how have you been getting on with the app and connection? Might be worth having a look for any new T&Cs just in case that’s stopping the connection?

Badge

Thanks both,  the OVO app seemed to do an update and once I’d clicked on my car again in the app it connected… so good for now!  But thanks for your comment Gary - will remember that for next time (hopefully not needed :)) 

Userlevel 6

Glad to hear that @Foxy86 

Hopefully you’ll not need to take any further steps, but always feel free top pop back with any questions.🙂