Solved

Charge Anytime App Cost / Energy not matching up

• 30 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge
  • Carbon Cutter*
  • 2 replies

Please can you advise on the below?

On the Smart Charge app, on the "savings" tab, the cost for the charge doesn't add up.

For example on 3/10, I used 4.3 kWh, the cost should be £0.43 based on 10p per kwh. But the cost is showing £0.71.

icon

Best answer by Chris78 2 November 2023, 08:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sorry, but your post doesn’t seem to make sense. It’s written in a way that suggests the expected and actual saving is the same?

Badge

Sorry, but your post doesn’t seem to make sense. It’s written in a way that suggests the expected and actual saving is the same?

I have edited the post. 

Another example; 13.9 kWh on the 4th Oct which should be £1.39 but the app is showing £2.32.

Userlevel 7

Hey @DWYT,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

Are you able to upload a photo and we can take a further look. Please don’t include any personal information. 

Badge

Hey @DWYT,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

Are you able to upload a photo and we can take a further look. Please don’t include any personal information. 

Hi@Emmanuelle_OVO screenshot attached.

Userlevel 7

Hey @DWYT 

Please can you contact the OVO Smart Home team to raise this directly so they can look into it: smarthome@ovoenergy.com.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Updated 21/02/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Have questions about Charge Anytime, find out more information on these topics: 

See our Charge Anytime product page here

Hi @DWYT Its my understanding that the numbers you are see there are the saving for that charge not the cost. in earlier versions of the app it Said ‘saving’ and not ‘Smart Charge’ 

The change to the wording is very confusing.

To check you can take off the 10p off your electrical rate on your tariff then multiply by the Kwh used you should get the numbers in your screenshot 

Userlevel 7

Good tip, thank you @Chris78 - we will remember this for next time!

Numbers add up, @DWYT?

Hi @Tim_OVO @Emmanuelle_OVO ,

I have been trying to find out how I get the actual costs of each charge - I thought this screen showed the costs and not the saving - can you confirm which it is.  and if it is showing the saving - how can I find the actual cost of each charge please?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MD123

Welcome to the community! 

This has been raised and is something the team are considering for the future but for right now isn’t available on the app. You can for the meantime multiply your kWh displayed in the app by 0.07. This will tell you the cost for each charge.

I hope this helps 😊