Solved

Are there any settings needed for Ohme home pro app and smart charger for Charge Anytime?

• 5 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi, just moved to Ovo and signed up for charge anytime.  Are there any particular settings I need to do in my ohme home pro app to make sure it works? Car is a polestar 2, so I have to use the charger for interaction with the Anytime Plan.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by GaryxG 6 April 2023, 10:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @GaryxG ,

You just need to make sure it’s all linked up properly. Did you get asked to connect your charger during sign-up?

Other than that, make sure the charging schedules are set up!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just set up your schedule. I’ve now set up both as I’ve had it where it hasn’t  managed y too fully charge to my requested % overnight by 0700 hrs, so now I have two set one to charge upto a 80% by 1800 hrs if I’m home early and it can have a boost if not all the charge and same 80% to 0700 hrs.   the overnight charge seems to hold off starting to charge anytime before around 2100 hrs as it’s searching for the cheap times. 

Badge

Just set up your schedule. I’ve now set up both as I’ve had it where it hasn’t  managed y too fully charge to my requested % overnight by 0700 hrs, so now I have two set one to charge upto a 80% by 1800 hrs if I’m home early and it can have a boost if not all the charge and same 80% to 0700 hrs.   the overnight charge seems to hold off starting to charge anytime before around 2100 hrs as it’s searching for the cheap times. 

Thanks for your replies.  Yes I linked my charger and even though I got an error message on the OVO website when doing this, my ohme app now shows that I'm on the Anytime tariff and the price cap was auto set to 10.01p.

So I assume it's all set up.

I read with intelligent octopus that there are various settings you need to change in the ohme app to make it work, so thought it may be the same with Anytime.  I guess there's only one way to find out!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@GaryxG that's all I did with mine laa, but from what I can gather your credits on your account are usually 1 charge in arrears if that makes sense, so if you do a full charge it won't show up until you've done your 2nd etc. But if the charger shows "anytime" that should be done 👍

Badge

A couple of people have mentioned setting up schedules. Are you referring to the schedules in the ohme app or the charge anytime app?  

I cannot use the anytime app as it only lets you use it if you have a compatible car. My car isn't compatible,  but my charger is....

Userlevel 1
Badge

It'll be the one on the ohme app as I'm the same as you have the charger but not the car.

Badge

It'll be the one on the ohme app as I'm the same as you have the charger but not the car.

Thanks.  Have you successfully charged on the anytime tariff and if so are there any particular settings you need to make on the ohme app?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes I've done it a few times, as long as it's says "anytime" in your tariff section it should be sound. I usually plug the car in for as long as possible then use the ohme app to say how many miles I want adding and it does the rest then the credits show up in the OVO app 

Badge

Awesome, thanks for your help.