Solved

Where is the help for vulnerable people

• 11 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Despite the fact I have put £165 on my "smart" meter in the last 10 days it is registering less than £4! 

My electric is forever shutting off, two weeks ago it shut down and when I called AGAIN they were sending someone out to check the meter.  I'm still waiting for them to arrive. 

Today I phoned AGAIN and have been informed NONE of my payments have gone through!  Not only that there is more than £100 discrepancy between the payments I've made and what they register. 

It would stand to reason that as my energy supplier I would of made more than 5 payments, which they should know, how can their system only go back two weeks?! 

Now I have to prove I have made more than 5 payments, even though the money has been taken and to add insult to injury they are about to take another payment!  Plus apparently when I spoke to customer services they took money from my account that day that I knew nothing about! 

All of this is making me ill now, I can't afford to be paying £300 plus a month and not even get the electric for my money.  Plus as a vulnerable resident I'm supposed to benefit from their vulnerable resident scheme.  Instead I'm paying ridiculous amounts, going without electric (my flat is all electric) spending hours at a time on the phone and yet still getting no where.  Bring back SSE

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 14 August 2023, 10:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @Minxy ,

As you have mentioned having a vulnerable status, I think the best option is for me to inform the forum moderators and ask them to step in - this has already been requested.

Please wait for their response.

Userlevel 6

Updated on 23/08/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Got a question about your Pay As You Go energy use, top-ups, keys, cards, or anything else? Why not see if you can find the answers in our dedicated Pay As You Go Forum category.

There are also tons of helpful resources and information available on our OVO Help pages.  

If you or anyone in your household is vulnerable, or just needs a little extra assistance at a difficult time in your lives, our Priority Services Register is a free support service you might find useful.

Struggling with your energy bills? Our Winter Support Package might be helpful to you.

Hey @Minxy 

I’m really sorry to hear about this.

Have you been in touch with the Support Team about this over the weekend, and are you on supply? They’ll be able to get you back on supply if this was cut off, and they’ll be able to locate and apply any payments that have been taken from your bank but not reached the account yet (and are still out, some failed payments may return to your bank).

Let us know if things are still ongoing and we can see how we can assist further with this. 

Why does ovo think they can keep people.on thr phone for 1.32+ hours everything they call. I paid 60 on a pat as you go card and the card won't be accepted so I have no gas no heating no way to cook food. Ovo your an embarrassment. 

This is the 7th day I have called 

Userlevel 6

Hey @Bpye 

Sorry to hear about this.

Over the weekend the lines close early on a Saturday, and are not open on a Sunday.

You can still contact the Support Team via webchat over the weekend however, this is also the quickest form of communication with OVO.

We don’t have access to accounts here at the Forum to check this and fix it, so you’ll be best to get in touch with the Support Team who’ll be able to sort this.