Skip to main content
Solved

What's my off peak hours on pre payment meter?

• 10 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Can anyone inform me of my off peak hours?

I'm on pre payment meter so I suspect they're little different to a contract, I imagine I am being ripped off by getting less hours or later start timesĀ 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @DanTheDustmanĀ ,

Generally itā€™d be midnight to 7am for Economy 7 in MOST areas of the country, but some regions have different times. I need to know your region and county in order to check that - do NOT post your full address though.

Most meters have a slight offset on top of that by up to 30 minutes to avoid blowing up the National Grid - this offset will still ensure you get full hours at the appropriate times though.

Userlevel 7
Badge

The offpeak hours are set by the DNO and are the same for every type of meter. They vary from region to region, so find yours on this map:
Ā Ā 

Ā 

If youā€™re on a borderline, you may have to use a postcode checker to be sure which side of it you are. Alternatively, find your MPAN on your latest electricity statement. The first two digits of the 11-digit number are those of the region youā€™re in.

Then find your Economy 7 hours from this table:
Ā Ā 

Ā 

These times are GMT, so you may have to adjust them for British Summertime. Some meters will do this automatically, others wonā€™t.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the very helpful replies and sorry for my own late responseĀ 

It seems my off peak is 12pm until 7amĀ 

Ā 

Much thanksĀ 

Userlevel 7

Iā€™m pleased to see our community members have helped you answer your question @DanTheDustman, pop back anytimeĀ šŸ˜Š

Userlevel 7
Badge

It seems my off peak is 12pm until 7amĀ 

Ā 

ā€¦Ā which will in most cases mean 01:00 - 08:00 now during British Summertime.

Ā