Skip to main content

Hi i was a SSE customer but was moved onto OVO during the change over i have not had a problem really until now....every year i apply for the WHD via the online form as i live in scotland and its not automatically done here ...and ive never had a problem with that either that is until i went to fill in this years 24/25 form and i can not get passed the account number..i put my account number in and i get the message "sorry we only supply gas to this account so sadly we can not register your interest in the warm home discount"  the funny thing is who am i paying all the money to for my electric supply? If not OVO... and it sure says your OVO electricity account number on my app and smart meter and its the same number i used last year and the year befire etc now it says try your OVO/BST account number ? Can anyone throw a light on this please

Hi,

You probably need to chat with OVO Support for this one, try the options at https://ovoenergy.com/help .

To answer the question in the title- I would take a educated guess at ‘BST’ being short for ‘Boost’, the old PAYG sister company of OVO.
It probably should have been removed from that message now that ‘Boost’ customers have been migrated into OVO. (Unless there are still some left with Boost who haven’t migrated yet?).

As said your best move is to contact OVO support.