Solved

Warm Home Discount not being added despite me topping up

• 16 January 2024
  • 18 replies

Hi just wanting to find out if anyone else is having bother getting their warm home discount.

I have a pay as you go meter, and i have topped up 5 timesĀ  on different days at the same shop , and put the key in the meter each time, but it is not triggering the payment.

Just wondering if there have been any problems regarding this that iā€™m not aware of, thanks for any help šŸ‘šŸ¼

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 24 January 2024, 10:53

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

OVO might be able to dig deeper into this one - let Support know! If needed, they have a backup method which should work.

Userlevel 6

Hi @NiknakpaddywhackĀ 

Ā 

Sorry to hear about this.

Ā 

Like Blastoise186 mentions, the Support Team can assist with this if needed, so please do reach out to the team and theyā€™ll do what they can to help here.

yeah i phoned the support team before i made this post, but they just kinda told me to keep topping up and eventually it would work, i did feel slightly fobbed off as i know iā€™ve topped up at least the right amount of times.

Iā€™ll try it a few more and if itā€™s still not sorted iā€™ll get back in touch with them, thanks for the replies šŸ™šŸ¼

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you still struggle, let us know here! We haveā€¦Ā Magic tricksā€¦Ā That we can deploy if things get desperate.

I have had the same issue, I topped my key up 6 times, same shop same person, spoke to customer service and they were no help at all, just gave me the number for warm home discount, so I called them and was told that topping up 5 times etc will not work for older key meters. They also said it was law that energy companies have tp pay it. Spoke to customer service again and again they were no help, tried chat bot as well, no help, I emailed them and only a ā€œwe have received your email should hear within 48 hrsā€ that was 2 weeks ago. NO RESPONSE. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT ACTUALLY HELPS, ALLL I WANā€™T IS THE Ā£150 I AM ENTITLED TO A VOUCHER WOULD BE GOOD

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

yeah i phoned the support team before i made this post, but they just kinda told me to keep topping up and eventually it would work, i did feel slightly fobbed off as i know iā€™ve topped up at least the right amount of times.

Iā€™ll try it a few more and if itā€™s still not sorted iā€™ll get back in touch with them, thanks for the replies šŸ™šŸ¼

@NiknakpaddywhackĀ 

Did you get sorted?

No and to be honest I canā€™t be bothered with Customer Service again, all they do is fob you off, I have 6 receipts and they tried to tell me I had only topped up once, no email back,Ā  I will be contacting Ofgem and warm home discount team. I have already contacted Rip Off Britian.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

No and to be honest I canā€™t be bothered with Customer Service again, all they do is fob you off, I have 6 receipts and they tried to tell me I had only topped up once, no email back,Ā  I will be contacting Ofgem and warm home discount team. I have already contacted Rip Off Britian.

Ofgem don't deal with individual customer issues.

You could start an official complaintĀ 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Then after 8 weeks or a deadlock letter you could go to the Energy OmbudsmanĀ 

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

Have you received an entitlement letter for your WHD?

Just to let you guys know, After my 6th top-up it went through šŸ‘

Thanks for all your replies.

Userlevel 7

Hey @cviscara,

Ā 

I understand your frustration, and Iā€™m sorry you havenā€™t had the best experience with customer support.Ā 

Ā 

Niknakpaddywhack has advised their payment went on after their 6th top up, Iā€™m hoping the same works for youĀ šŸ¤ž

Ā 

Ofgem don't deal with individual customer issues.

You could start an official complaintĀ 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Then after 8 weeks or a deadlock letter you could go to the Energy OmbudsmanĀ 

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

Have you received an entitlement letter for your WHD?

Ā 

Jeffus has provided some helpful information here about the complaint procedure.Ā 

What is going on with the warm home discount.

I received an email on the 16 December 2023 saying is was being paid and that I had to top 5 or more time for the payment to be added to my electricity key. More than a dozen top ups later and still no payment added to my key ?

Ā 

I cannot get through the switch board to speak to a human. Ended up emailing, the customer service is appaling nothing but buck passing from oneĀ  to the other and excuses. Weā€™ll call you back they say they never do.

Ā 

I was originally with SSE and there were no problems with the WHD, but since OVO took over nothing but problems. I am aware that other people are having similar problems to me.

Ā 

IfĀ  I cannot get this sorted I will be changing suppliers. Disgraceful

Hello. I have a big problem with the Honeywell AS302P counter. I topped up the counter but I can't start it because a message pops up asking me to enter a consumer pin. There was nothing like this before. Maybe someone can tell me what to do because I don't have electricity at the moment. Thank you in advance for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That sounds like a fault to me. Let the Support Team know in the morning and theyā€™ll get someone out.

If you URGENTLY need the power back on, call 105.

Userlevel 7

Are you back on supply @Jacekzeto?

Userlevel 6

HeyĀ @Old SmokieĀ 

Ā 

Iā€™m really sorry to hear about this, and like you mentioned, unfortunately you are not alone in this situation.Ā 

Ā 

The quickest way will most likely be to contact the Support Team via webchat, our Support teamā€™sĀ web messaging and WhatsAppĀ opening hours are:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to FridayĀ 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays
    Ā 

You canĀ see all open contact channels via our Help Centre.Ā 

Ā 

Let us know how you get on.

tried the above you mentioned and as usual a complete waste of time. I had a webchat with someone from warm home discount team, theyĀ  told me I would have to wait until March for payment by cheque, then I am told OVO have not received a signal from the key meter thats why its not topping up ? worked fine with SSE.

Then I was offered a new smart meter as I have an old key meter, I have had both smart meter and direct debit before and they have been a nightmare to deal with nothing but problems, I will not believe any guarantees given by OVO as I have heard it all before.

lastly told I could register online with OVO to manage my account, I have tried several times and it keeps telling me that my account number is wrong.

Iā€™ll be looking for a new supplier

why has my original post been merged with this one ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

why has my original post been merged with this one ?

Itā€™s a weekly process to keep the forum tidy and makes searching far easier.