Solved

Top up app not allowing me to top up or add a card - what can I do?

• 10 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

recently and regrettably had a smart pay as you go top up meter installed. The engineer that installed it really didn’t give me much information at all. I have the OVO top up app on my phone with my meter registered however, the account balance has been up and down (to date I haven’t managed to top up) so I don’t understand how this actually works. My balance is currently at £5.05 and I’m trying to top up through the app but when I enter my bank details, the “top up now”icon to select to make the payment go through doesn’t register the touch so nothing happens. Alternatively, I tried to add my bank card and the “add card” icon also doesn’t register touch either. So just wondering how else I can top up? I got the smart meter in part so I wouldn’t have to look for shops to top up in and save that hassle. Thanks

a concerned almost out of power reluctant OVO customer

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 10 December 2023, 16:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 21/12/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi,

Try https://ovoenergypayments.paypoint.com . That might work.

Otherwise, you’ll need to chat with Support tomorrow.

@Sgachris81 just on the comments you’re making on the app: if it’s still an issue you might consider deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling it. 

If the problem persists after doing that, we’d love to be able to raise this with the app team. Our Support Team can help. 

I’ve also linked below to some of out really helpful Pay as you Go topics that may be helpful with any other top up issues, or pay as you go problems:

Userlevel 6

Hey @Sgachris81 

Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having getting topped up.

Blastoise186 gave some good advice above. Did you manage to get topped up via that link?

If not I’d suggest contacting the Support Team who’ll be able to help sort this for you. Let us know how you get on.

Userlevel 7

@Sgachris81 just on the comments you’re making on the app: if it’s still an issue you might consider deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling it. 

If the problem persists after doing that, we’d love to be able to raise this with the app team. Our Support Team can help.