Solved

Smart Meter Top-Up- Payment failed?!

Topped up gas account and ovo/sse 

took 4 payments and still didn’t credit gas! 
impossible to contact!

any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 10 April 2023, 09:24

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Mrs-KO ,

If you have Smart Meters, you can use the UTRN Code to manually punch in the top-up even if there’s no connection. It’s on the receipt!

Hey! 
I’ve not been sent a vend code! App says transaction unsuccessful! However multiple payments have been taken! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If the transaction failed, you’ll be refunded automatically by one of two ways:

1. The authorisation will drop and simply release the funds back to your available bank/card balance - should this happen, the transaction will completely disappear from your statements as if it never happened
  2. You’ll get an automatic refund after a few days

Ultimately, you won’t be charged if the transaction failed completely.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mrs-KO,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had,

You should be able to find your top up number on the App. An OVO payg top up number will start with 9826 and have 19 digits.

Is there a contact number for ANYONE today please,, had no gas since Friday and can’t top up still cos of the switch I have 4 children one of whom NEEDS to clean him self !!!! It’s now 5:30 pm and still no heating or water !!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It may be too late now but this is on another thread:

Weekend contact is not good but they do have their social media channels (if you use those) and they do tend to be answered at the weekend. You’ll need to direct message of course

Twitter  -  https://twitter.com/OVOEnergy

Facebook  -  https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

I'm having exactly the same issue. I've had an engineer out and I still don't have gas.  I've got a new meter and finally shows the 74p of emergency credit I have left. But it will not accept any payments. I've spent about £90 just trying to top up.  Money has come out of my account but no flipping gas.  What is the answer. This switch has been a nightmare 

Userlevel 7

Hey @emmafoster371,

Really sorry to hear this, 

Please contact our Pay As You Go Support Team on 0330 175 9669 they are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday. If you are off supply they should be able to arrange another emergency appointment. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi,

I was using till now the SSE app for top up my electricity meter.

Today I installed the Ovo-Energy app and I topped up £20 + £10.

I can see £30 added in the meter, in OVO online account and in the OVO app history.

But my bank app shows 4 (pending) payments instead of 2.

Two payments in www.ovoenegry.com and two to OVO ENERGY as shown in the picture, total charge of £60.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The duplicate transactions will drop automatically. Ignore them

Hi, since Saturday I have been trying to top up my gas smart meter, unfortunately without success, at the end of the transaction process a failure message is displayed.
Yesterday there was a message about website maintenance, but today it is gone and another top-up attempt failed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Please contact OVO Support directly about this on 0330 175 9669 or Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help .

You might want to consider switching over to Pay Monthly to avoid this problem in future.

Did your money come back in? 
same thing happened to me , says declined to both payments on app but it’s still pending on my bank and I paid on Thursday. 

want to know what’s going to happen with my money! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If the transaction failed, it’s refunded automatically. Banks just tend to be pretty slow about it. You WILL get your money back, but OVO cannot speed it up - you’ll just have to wait for the transaction to drop out of pending and release the funds.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Twinkle21,

Has the payment been refunded?

Over the weekend, at one point, the paypoint top up system was down for scheduled maintenance, so this issue may have affected some customers. 

This tutorial may be helpful to you:

I still haven’t been refunded and that doesn’t help as for one I don’t have a receipt it just says declined then when I click on it it says there’s been an error etc. 

it’s very frustrating as I have money just sat in my bank pending and ovo say they can’t help and the bank say you have to wait for the payment to be cleared or you as the supplier to cancel the payment but ovo can’t. 

I top up my gas and electricity each with £30 today and was declined, but my money was take from my bank account. What happened?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Ludmila,

I’m sorry to hear this,

If the payment has failed it will be returned to your bank. The following topics may help:

If you’re still having top up issues I'd advise getting in touch with the support team. 

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost

Anyone ever topped up both gas and electric on pay as you go smart meter app, declined payment but still took money out of your bank? Bit annoyed as i put £50 on each.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @ShellyF ,

If you got a top-up failure in the app, you WILL be refunded in full immediately. However, it can take up to five working days for the bank to catch up and release the hold on the funds. Blame the banks for being slow!

Oh on brill thanks for the reply 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @ShellyF,

It looks like @Blastoise186 has this one covered! 

I wanted to share an additional topic on our help centre which would help you. Following this link will show you all the different ways of topping up in case this happens again, and you need access to top up.