Solved

Just got a new gas prepayment meter installed, how long does it take to get it registered so i can top up?

• 23 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I recently got a new card  gas meter installed but how long does it take to get it registered so I can get my card to put money in , it has been in a week now but OVO does not have any info on it even though it was them that ordered sign to install it 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 24 August 2022, 11:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @gordon colqohoun ,

I’m not quite sure what you mean there. Could you post some photos of the meter please?

Userlevel 7

Hi @gordon colqohoun, thanks for posting. 

Are you a prepayment OVO customer for gas and electricity? To be with OVO PAYG, you’ll need to have a DCC managed smart meter (SMETS1 Enrolled or SMETS2). If that’s you, I’m not sure on timeframes for when cards will be sent to you, but you’re able to contact the team directly through the chat option in the OVO PayPoint App. If you’re unable to use the chat function, here’s the number to call: 0330 175 9669.

If you’re with Boost Power, you can confirm timeframes via the Boost Help pages, and there’s the option for online chat in the bottom right corner as well!