Solved

I can’t top up the smart meter using the app, it says it is under scheduled maintenance?

• 20 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I can’t top up the smart meter using the app. It says it is under scheduled maintenance. How long will this maintenance last? When can I top up using the app? Why was I never informed about this “scheduled maintenance”? Nothing, not even an email?? 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 20 February 2024, 22:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @lalalalla123 ,

The OVO Top-Up app and web portal aren’t owned or managed by OVO, but instead by PayPoint. OVO can’t notify you when scheduled maintenance is about to start nor have control over when it happens because that falls under PayPoint responsibilities.

It usually comes back online by the morning but if it doesn’t and you urgently need credit, let the Support Team know and they’ll help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Should be back up now!

Looks like they did post a warning to the Portal at https://ovoenergypayments.paypoint.com prior to maintenance starting, but I also agree that’s not really sufficient.

Let me flag this to someone I trust to see what they think. Either way, you should be able to top-up now. If you can’t, please ping Support ASAP.

Userlevel 6

Hi @lalalalla123 

Sorry there was some trouble topping up last night.

Like Blastoise186 has mentioned, you should now be able to up up on the app.

If you’re still experiencing some trouble, please get in touch with the Support Team so they can help you get topped up.