Solved

Where do I find my Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) on my OVO online account? - I need to know it for my EV charger installation!

• 17 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi Folks

Looking to get a podpoint installed and they need my MPAN.  In my Ovo profile I see no mention of MPAN at all.  How can I find out what it is?  I have a barcode on the front of my electricity meter but I’m not sure if that’s it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Transparent 17 July 2020, 20:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 23/11/23 by Abby_OVO

Great question to ask about the easiest way to find out your electricity supply details, known as your Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN), now you’re getting an EV charger installed.

The best place to head is via Account, then Energy Tariff on page of your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS).

Image may vary online and in app.

Ah - interesting -  I  see, will download the app - thanks...

Hi @CH22 

Also on the app you can download your bills and see the MPAN etc on them:

Payments - Download my bills

Hope the EV charger installation goes smoothly - We’d love to hear about it once it’s completed!

Userlevel 7

Stumbled across this thread and still need help understanding what this ‘MPAN’ business is all about? - Our content team have got you covered with this comprehensive guide. Here’s just a handy snippet (even I learnt something from this!):

What is an MPAN?

An MPAN is the number that identifies the specific electricity supply point for your home. To the expert eye, it contains some important information about your supply.

Your MPAN is separate to the account number or customer number that your energy supplier might give you. It’s not connected to your energy account, but to the actual energy supply at your property. This means it should always stay the same, even if you switch suppliers

It’s sometimes also known as your “supply number”, or even as an “S number”. It usually starts with the letter S.

It’s a 21-digit number, which you should be able to see on your electricity bills. Within those 21 numbers are several smaller numbers that contain different pieces of information.

mpan number

For example, your MPAN contains a 2-digit Distributor ID. These 2 numbers show which distribution system operator (a company that distributes energy to homes) your energy supply is connected to. 

HI,

Unfortunately  my electricity plan does NOT show my MPAN and I don’t think I get paper bills anymore. I too am looking to get an EV charger and fallen at last hurdle of doing home survery!

Any suggestions as to how I get my MPAN please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

HI,

Unfortunately  my electricity plan does NOT show my MPAN and I don’t think I get paper bills anymore. I too am looking to get an EV charger and fallen at last hurdle of doing home survery!

Any suggestions as to how I get my MPAN please?

@CH22 

On the ovo app not the website

Account - Energy Tariff 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @CH22 

Also on the app you can download your bills and see the MPAN etc on them:

Payments - Download my bills

Great - found it now . Sure I’m not the last person to get caught in this loop so many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Great - found it now . Sure I’m not the last person to get caught in this loop so many thanks.

Yep. The MPAN use to be on the plan page on the website but was removed earlier this year as the page wasn't setup for those with multiple MPAN if they had complex metering arrangements.

I have flagged the ovo moderators to update the topic as it is directing customers to the plan page on the website as an option

Hope all goes well with the EV