Solved

Why have I lost smart half hourly usage data on Daily usage section of online account?

Show first post

275 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Jeffus,

Sorry for the issues you’re having.

I’ve reported this to @Tim_OVO and we are keeping a record of everyone that has this same issue on the Forum. 

I’ll be in touch with any further updates on this topic!

Good idea. I just checked the Bright app again and all the 30min data is fine, so for some reason OVO stopped displaying the data on the 22nd (all was fine on 21st) for some of us. Screen shots in case it helps. 

I see there are people on the ovo twitter feed raising the same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Jeffus Thanks for posting that screenshot - I’ve been wondering how to monitor my electricity usage on the phone, without waiting a day to see the results on the MyOVO. That looks like the perfect thing. Obv I’m a smart meter fan, I don’t know why they have such a bad reputation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Jeffus Thanks for posting that screenshot - I’ve been wondering how to monitor my electricity usage on the phone, without waiting a day to see the results on the MyOVO. That looks like the perfect thing. Obv I’m a smart meter fan, I don’t know why they have such a bad reputation.

The Bright app will refresh quite often during the day if you refresh the screen, sometimes displaying all the 30min readings for that day so far.

Userlevel 3

Hey @Jeffus and @rjsimmonds,

I am getting the same problem. My last 30 min readings were 21st September.

Any update on this?

If it doesn’t resolve itself it might be worth contacting Support so they can do a software update? This seemed to work for @Betty

Hope this helps. 

Nothing yet. When I get a day off work I’ll give them a call.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Stormygale,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had.

It seems this issue is affecting a number of our customers right now. See my response in this similar thread:

This issue should hopefully be resolved soon, if I get any updates I'll post in the thread. 

Hope this helps.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Stormygale if you want to see the readings in the meantime while OVO fix the issue you can use one of the ofgem regulated 3rd party apps. For example the Bright app.

https://www.glowmarkt.com/

It is free. All the 3rd party apps are working fine. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

All ½ hour readings are back - including the ones that were missing

Thank you OVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Mine have been gradually coming back, they are all there now

Just confirming all the missing stats have returned.

Thank you for sharing the 3rd party apps. Will be good to have a fall back with the fourth coming changes. 

Mick

Pleased to see they’re back

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Mine have also been fully rebuilt and have worked fine since. It’s kinda handy that the meter keeps a copy of the data, so it’s literally just a case of grabbing it again most of the time. :)

Userlevel 7

Hey @rjsimmonds,

Is this resolved yet?

Just checked back on this similar thread and other forum members are advising this is resolved for them now.

Fingers crossed! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

My half hourly readings ceased after 20th September. I had an online chat session with George and the following day my history started backfilling, but it took a few hours, maybe a day, until my readings were fully caught up. Now everything is back to normal. I guess the  OVO hamster needed feeding.

As others have reported, Bright and also Loop were reporting the half hourly numbers, so clearly this is/was an OVO problem.

On the usage page on the OVO web-page I can no longer see hourly use of gas and electric can see  monthly and yearly, just hourly does not work. Am I alone on this or is everyone else affected.  Thanks Paul

Edit its the daily usage which shows hours that’s what i mean.

Userlevel 4
Badge

There are at least two other discussions already on the same topic. Basically, meter readings all started to go a bit wobbly on 1st October (for some people) and haven't properly recovered since. Personally my meter readings have resumed, but it looks like they are not back filling the gaps and the daily/hourly figures are just plain wrong for a few days.

Maybe they will straighten things out eventually. Maybe they'll just leave a mess, as things stand right now, and move on. I've reported in detail the errors in my own data. I hope they can sort it out.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Paulst955,

This was raised by a few of our customers, luckily most seem to have started to get their readings back. 

Here is a similar thread you might find some advice there to be helpful:

If your readings don’t come back by the end of the week, I'd advise completing a smart meter health check:

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Paulst955

I would recommend trying one of the free ofgem regulated 3rd party apps that can get data from your smart meter. For example

If you can see the data on the 3rd party apps you can be pretty certain it is an OVO specific problem. 

As a regular on this forum, we do see these issues raises from time to time. Certainly we have seen more recently, although some of that may be due to more people looking at their usage to be honest. 

Check these pages to make sure ovo is really receiving daily smart meter readings. 

​​

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/gas

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

You should see a reading every day with the word Smart next to it.

Userlevel 2

The last ½ hrs usage data showing on my account is on the 8th Octobers, since then nothing only daily usage. How can I rectify this please

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Samuel !

OVO can fix this for you, please let the Support Team know! It’s usually pretty easy to resolve. :)

Userlevel 2

Howdy @Samuel !

OVO can fix this for you, please let the Support Team know! It’s usually pretty easy to resolve. :)

Thank you, pity you can’t email them isn’t it, who writes a letter these days 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Emails have been turned off because they were taking too long to respond to. Turning that route off for the time being frees up loads of agents to handle the faster channels. :)

Can anyone explain why over the last 4 weeks  the app is not updating so you have no idea how much Gas/Electric you have used!! You can't email anyone and the Chatline is useless and when I phoned which took me 1hour and 17mins on hold waiting to speak to someone only to be told there is a problem we are dealing with it.So from the 4th Oct to 20th October not working now again from 23rd October still not working it also dosent update the smart meter.APPALLING SERVICE!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Can anyone explain why over the last 4 weeks  the app is not updating so you have no idea how much Gas/Electric you have used!! You can't email anyone and the Chatline is useless and when I phoned which took me 1hour and 17mins on hold waiting to speak to someone only to be told there is a problem we are dealing with it.So from the 4th Oct to 20th October not working now again from 23rd October still not working it also dosent update the smart meter.APPALLING SERVICE!!!!

Hi @Caz0809

I don't work for ovo, am just a customer like you. 

You may already know this. 

Just to confirm it is only an ovo problem you could try downloading one of the ofgem regulated 3rd party apps to see if they can see the readings. This is one that quite a few of us use. 

You can see if ovo are getting any daily reading by looking at these pages. 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/gas

It may be ovo are getting daily but not 30min readings. 

The moderators @Tim_OVO and @Emmanuelle_OVO have been keeping a list of impacted users who post, so they can update when things are working again. 

If the chat or phone lines are busy, i leave a private message on the ovo twitter or facebook page. These are both official support channels for ovo and the staff their can access your account. You just need to include your name, address, account number and date of birth. They have always got back to me in a day, usually much quicker. It can be better than hanging around on the phone for some queries but not all obviously. 

Hi

Thank you and sorry didnt realise.

Much appreciate the info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi

Thank you and sorry didnt realise.

Much appreciate the info.

@Caz0809

No need to apologise. 

My 30min readings stopped working for a while then came back. 

It does happen sometimes with all suppliers for a variety of reasons, sometimes due to a specific supplier issue, sometimes a general issue impacting a particular part of the country or a particular type of meter for example.

Certainly there have been more people posting generally recently highlighting issues they are having.