Solved

Why have I lost smart half hourly usage data on Daily usage section of online account?

Show first post

275 replies

On that specific page in my account it shows my manual meter readings for 2017-2018.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 7

Hey @hopperson,

Sorry about the issues you’re having.

I think @Blastoise186 is right, Support would be best placed to look into this account specific issue. If we hear any more cases of this we can report the issue internally. 

Hi @hopperson ,

Don’t worry, OVO can fix this! Please let the Support Team know and ask them to also backfill missing data. They can usually fix this within a week or so.

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Samuel @Jeffus. I’m thinking this might be a first generation smart meter enrollment example. Emmanuelle has replied to this here saying the same:

If that’s the case, it will get sorted once the enrollment is fully complete. If you wanted to check though, our Support team should be able to see notes of the enrollment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Samuel @Jeffus. I’m thinking this might be a first generation smart meter enrollment example. Emmanuelle has replied to this here saying the same:

If that’s the case, it will get sorted once the enrollment is fully complete. If you wanted to check though, our Support team should be able to see notes of the enrollment. 

@Tim_OVO It could be but 

OVO are still getting daily smart meter readings. There are all on the Readings page.

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-meters-136/android-app-has-stopped-showing-electricity-usage-12452?postid=66669#post66669

They are just not getting from there onto the bills or the usage page.

So OVO have the data in their system. Both users stopped working the same day. 

I think it is a struggle to communicate this to the Support Team

Userlevel 2

Hi @Samuel @Jeffus. I’m thinking this might be a first generation smart meter enrollment example. Emmanuelle has replied to this here saying the same:

@Tim_OVO It could be but 

OVO are still getting daily smart meter readings. There are all on the Readings page.

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-meters-136/android-app-has-stopped-showing-electricity-usage-12452?postid=66669#post66669

They are just not getting from there onto the bills or the usage page.

So OVO have the data in their system. Both users stopped working the same day. 

I think it is a struggle to communicate this to the Support Team

Exactly this, no one seems to understand exactly what I mean 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Let’s hope that whoever is responsible manages to unearth the readings for the remaining 10 days.

And they did. The half-hourly readings missing for October appeared today, shortly after I’d been told by one of the OVO twits that he’s “hoping the team is able to get this resolved soon.

Hi There,

I was checking my usage against my last bill but noticed that the half hourly readings on my account aren’t recorded. It gives me a daily usage but not the half hourly, it hasnt been reading half hourly readings between 28th Nov and 26th Dec then dropped off again 8th Jan and still not reading yesterday.

I am keen to understand why this is no longer showing as i am questioning my usage over the christmas period as i was not at home and turned my heating off and no hot water was used as no one was in. I have the nest thermostat data and want to compare to ensure they it is correct or raise if it does not match.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Jimbo

Screen shots for reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Check you actually got daily smart meter readings on every day

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/gas

For example 

The Daily figure on the.usage page could potentially only be an estimate. 

Ah thanks! Didnt realise you could get this!

It says they are all Smart readings but i now am now also questioning if they are correct. I believe the reading is in kW , taking Jan 29th from the number readings it would be 38.83 (assume the readings at 10’s of kW), but the graph summary shows 42.91kW.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Remember that for the gas readings (which are probably in cubic metres) these need to go through a calculation to include the caloric value and arrive at the kWh reading

Very strange, gone into my online app and from this morning it’s showing n/a for readings on both utilities, never happened before, anyone else got this issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes I had that recently. If you check meter readings it probably hasn’t got readings for that bit either. Mine caught up a day later

Userlevel 7
Badge

No, but I’ve had it happen to me a few times in the past. It all came right after a few days, so it’s probably best just to be patient.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Catchatter,

Sorry to hear this,

Is this now resolved? If not, please can you upload a screenshot of what you’re seeing and I’ll investigate. Do you have a smart meter or traditional? 

Let’s get to the bottom of this!

Been like this for the last two days, had new up to date smart meters fitted late last year

Userlevel 7

Hey @Catchatter,

The screenshot shows N/A for charges. Does this tutorial help:

If your smart meters have lost communication please fill in a smart meter health check, the results will go straight to the right team:

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 2

My daily readings are "not available" on the App and only electricity on the Smart Meter. I had some power outages last week and don't know if this is the reason and it will correct itself? Bit weird!

Userlevel 1

I've found lower outages can temporarily upset the smart in-home display, but seemed to right itself quite quickly.

When I've had trouble with smart meter I've unplugged it waited for the battery to run down, then turned it back then it seems to correct itself.  Worth a try.

Userlevel 2

I've found lower outages can temporarily upset the smart in-home display, but seemed to right itself quite quickly.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 2

When I've had trouble with smart meter I've unplugged it waited for the battery to run down, then turned it back then it seems to correct itself.  Worth a try.

Thanks!

I have a novel to write about the problems involved with trying to get my In Home Display to give me information on my Electric and Gas usage. 

Watch this space for the novel. I have discovered that the main problem is that the the helplines, whether on-line chats or telephone calls result in speaking to someone who doesn’t know their job. Unless, you are lucky enough to speak to Amelia (on-line chat), in which case your problem will be sorted immediately.

Thank you ma’am.

Userlevel 2

Still no luck and according to the app, no readings for gas have gone in ten days. I have a disability and filling in the online form is problematic, also having to go outside to attempt to get a reading from the meter. This is incredibly stressful. I do not want to get into estimated readings!

Can ovo send a new smart meter in the post? Maybe you just have a faulty one.