Solved

What is the best way to contact OVO customer service / support team?

Show first post

106 replies

Userlevel 6

……. the engineer tested the gas output as there was a significant  smell of gas, he showed me his gas level meter and explained to me what it was and how it should be and it was leaking gas, he said the pipes outside were corroded and rusty, hence the gas leak.

….. they went back to the office saying nothing about what they found, …...

Can you not see that those two statements contradict each other?

However that makes no difference to the billing.

Any suspected leak appears to have been from your (landlords) piping.

That piping is not the suppliers responsibility and so the gas that was metered still has to be paid for whether it was used or leaked.

The ombudsman is good at sorting out what is relevant to a billing dispute and what is not, and in this case your argument about who said what when the meter was replaced is not relevant to the disputed previous billing.

The gas was metered, whether it was used or leaked from your (landlords) piping there was no fault shown with the meter, so the gas as supplied and metered has to be paid for.

I'm pretty sure that is also what the ombudsman decision says, but probably in much fancier wording.

And just to be clear here - I am a customer like yourself, I am not employed by OVO.

After months of working fine our home display unit won’t connect to our meter. On closer inspection it is displaying the following info. ‘Electricity meter service issue. Connected to the meter network, but not receiving all electricity meter data. Please wait for service to be restored. 28-2’.

It’s been like this for 3 days. I have tried taking the power lead out and restarting it, and I’ve tried moving it right next to the meter, nothing works. Obviously while power is so outrageously expensive, I want to see what we are using.

Anyone know how to get it connected again? There are no obvious make model labels anywhere on the unit other than some long serial numbers beginning CO422 & BC6E7.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @chaleguy7 ,

Sounds like the IHD needs to be authorised again. Please ask OVO to do that for you and provide them with the 28-2 status code.

Yes well I’ve just tried to do that, unfortunately the person I spoke on the telephone with did not have a clear grasp of basic English, and did not understand what it was I needed them to do. 

*edited by moderator*

So, what now?

Userlevel 7

Hey @chaleguy7,

I’m sorry for the issues you’re having,

I’m not sure what contact channel you tried previously  but the following should be helpful:

Our Support team’s web messaging and WhatsApp opening hours are:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

You can see all open contact channels via our Help Centre

Thanks for your comments, however, its relevant to me, as he said on inspection there was a gas leak, and showed me the monitor of what is was and what it should be, once again, however, OVO said that the fitter hadnt written any comments re a gas leak...so, I have now asked for a subject access request