Skip to main content

All week my meter usage is a normally the same , approx £1.36 a day , and that’s me at home cooking , washing etc, so how come on a Saturday when we were away all weekend , nobody at home , that my usage doubled !!!!

Hi @winkvyner 

Sorry to hear this.

Where is it you’re viewing this data? If you’re looking at the IHD it could be estimated and may not be accurate.

Have you checked the meter readings themselves on your online account? It could be that those have been estimated?  

Let us know if you’ve there are meter readings for the weekend or if the usage has been estimated. 

It’s on my ovo energy user app , now this is puzzling , because when I last looked at Saturday 12th reading it was £2.83 for Saturday but it now miraculously seems to have come down to £1.63 🤷🏼‍♀️, which considering there was nobody in the house from 8.30 am on 12/10/24 until 1pm on 13/10/24, it’s still more than days in the week when washing,  oozing , heating etc was in use 

If you check the actual meter readings on your app you should see what data OVO uses to produce this graph. Unless you have a smart meter with half hour data I think the usage graph is a ‘best guess’ of your usage.