Solved

Corgi Complaint: No heating or hot water?

• 5 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

OVOS LEGAL OBLIGATION

have/will be  left without ANY Heating and Hot Water for  2 weeks, in the 'minus' degree centigrade temperatures.

I have taken extra insurance [Boiler Cover] over the last 4 years to mitigate this risk. I have been told today that the issue will not be fixed until December 9, possibly December 12 at the earliest.

Time line of events:

June 25 : Boiler serviced by Corgi Homecare Plan 24-7  as part of an OVO policy I have had for 4 years.

November 23: Boiler failed

November 23: Called Corgi told to repressureize the Boiler [Myself] - Completed Worked

November 24: Failed Again 10pm - Called Corgi Engineer to visit November 26

November 26: Engineer visits need apparently 4 new parts asked Corgi/OVO to call me, to confirm parts ordered

November 27: No Call

November 28: No Call - I called 5 times for over an hour was told we will call November 29

November 29 - No Call so I called again - Parts not ordered or authorised for payment. makes complaint asks for customer service manager to call , no return call/

November 29 - Parts Ordered but Engineer not available until December 2

So at this point unable to wash or have any heating for a week.

December 1 - Called to confirm Fridays appointment still on I asked for time not given one, not even an all day appointment. Apparently I have had a call on a number that doesnt exist anymore 2 numbers are available though, still no customer service call.

December 2 - Takes a day off for the appointment - Waits in called at 10:31

December 2 - Call from Corgi at 10:31 [RINGS TWICE THEN IS PUT DOWN]

December 2 10:32 - Calls Corgi speaks to Sue [very nice lady] , Im returning [AGAIN there call].

At this point I am advised that the parts will not be available until December 9 , despite that I was told an engineer will be on site at today {TOOK A DAY OFF] .

At this point I have told OVO and CORGI that they have an hour to provide alterante heating and hot water with an hour or I will write to my MP, and complain to OFGEM.

If its not resolved by Monday I will go to small claims court to get a replacement boiler, and costs.

Questions I need answering

1. I want a copy of my contract NOT SENT previously asked.
  2. Full report of the boiler service in June ASKED NOVEMBER 28
  3. Why do I need four parts on a recently serviced boiler.
  4. What Work Around is in place for myself a Senior Citizen
  5. How am I supposed to wash
  6. How am I supposed to heat the house cost effectively in the meantime
  7. Why the poor customer service.

November 23: Boiler failed
November 23: Called Corgi told to repressureize the Boiler [Myself] - Completed Worked
November 24: Failed Again 10pm - Called Corgi Engineer to visit November 26
November 26: Engineer visits need apparently 4 new parts asked Corgi/OVO to call me, to confirm parts ordered
November 27: No Call
November 28: No Call - I called 5 times for over an hour was told we will call November 29
November 29 - No Call so I called again - Parts not ordered or authorised for payment. makes a complaint asks for a customer service manager to call , no return call/
November 29 - Parts Ordered but Engineer not available until December 2
So at this point unable to wash or have any heating for a week.
December 1 - Called to confirm Friday's appointment still on I asked for time not given one, not even an all day appointment. Apparently I have had a call on a number that doesn't exist anymore 2 numbers are available though, still no customer service call.
December 2 - Takes a day off for the appointment - Waits in called at 10:31
December 2 - Call from Corgi at 10:31 [RINGS TWICE THEN IS PUT DOWN]
December 2 10:32 - Calls Corgi speaks to Sue [very nice lady] , Im returning [AGAIN there call].

December 2 - 1:45 pm Called soke the lady I previously spoke to, advised she would contact Customer Services 40 minutes call

December - 2:15 Custmomer Services call whilst Im still on the call, and Im replied with a message that I cant call the number thats been left , ridiculous on bot counts

December 2 - Ask for Call back at 3:15 NO CALL COMES

December 2 16:30 hrs - Calls back wait 40 minutes again - , and the Customer Service team , have gone home for the weekend

December 3 - No Call

December 4 - no call

December 5 - No Call 10:30 am
icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 5 December 2022, 17:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 18/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Hey @russcolesmith,

I’m really sorry for the issues you’ve had,

It sounds like you’ve had a really frustrating experience. I’ve found the following information about their complaints procedure on the Corgi website: 

*Depending on your complaint, you will be able to contact our team in 3 simple ways. Here’s how you can contact us:

1. Write to us:

CORGI HomePlan Ltd
1 Masterton Park
South Castle Drive
Dunfermline
KY11 8NX

Please consider that when you are sending a letter or email to us, you should include your name, policy number and/or full address. This is to prevent any possible delays with us being able to respond to you.

2. Telephone: Give us a call on 0800 032 0657. The team is available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

3. Email: Send us an email to customer.relations@corgihomeplan.co.uk.

You will typically hear back from us within 48 hours of us receiving your complaint.

We have 8 weeks to issue a final response letter to you. However, we aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible and we will keep you updated on the progress of your complaint right from the start.*

I will also get our Forum_Support team to reach out to you, so please keep an eye on your private messages. 

Hope this helps. 

Badge

Hi Emanuelle, Many thanks for getting back to me , all I need now is confirmation that an engineer will be visiting tomorrow December 7th, and the time . Thank You. is that correct that a customer can be left without heating and hot Water for 8 Weeks, and you have no obligation to fix within this time space.

Userlevel 7

Hey @russcolesmith,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had, this sounds really frustrating. 

We partnered with Corgi, so that our customers could receive discounted products and services. These are separate contracts. Your insurance cover will remain in place even if you cancel your energy contract with OVO. Your insurance is provided by Corgi, and any engineers that attend your property would be Corgi engineers. So for any specific queries relating to your Corgi insurance, it’s best to contact their customer services. 

If you’re unhappy with the service you were provided your best option would be to raise a complaint. 

Hope this helps. 

Badge

Hi Emmanuel I have already raised a complaint an engineer is due today , as of yet I have had no call regarding timings or any contact from OVO or Corgi, as per usual. My MP and OFGEM are now involved. 

Badge

Userlevel 7

Have you been in touch with Corgi about this engineer visit, @russcolesmith ? 0800 032 0657

Badge

Hi Corgi have contacted myself today. Thank You, its just the compensation to myself [the customer that needs resolving] Thank You for replying