Solved

Is OVOs Simpler Energy (flexible, rolling contract) the OFGEM controlled 'default tariff price cap' plan?

• 7 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Pardon my ignorance but is OVOs Simpler Energy (flexible, rolling contract) is this tariff under which OFGEM control the cost paid per unit etc which is called  The Default Tariff Cap?

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 7 August 2022, 16:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes

Ofgem are due to announce the update around 26th August unless anything changes. 

The actual cap changes in October. 

Going forward the cap will change every 3 months rather than every 6 months.

The next prime minister is likely to tweak the cap (e.g. remove VAT and or green levy) but this may or may not impact the Oct cap. 

Thank you very much I believe this is the route I must follow when my current plan expires in September as OVO’s proposed new plans want 3 times the current Direct Debit level £560 to £660 PM and I feel double is adequate on what I know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 14/12/23 by Tim_OVO: Ofgem’s energy price cap limits what you pay for gas or electricity on a variable rate plan. For OVO that is the Simpler Energy plan. Find out how it works – and how it affects your prices with our price cap guide.

You can also see the latest information regarding the price cap levels and date changes on the Ofgem site here.

Thank you again all ver confusing I am not even sure that the year they quote is my Sept 4th to Sept 3rd and when I send a message it either does not get answered or answer about a different question all in all it all seems to have got worse of late I expect them to check “what” they are telling me about my fate is correct or they will start losing customers I have been withOVO for many years always with plans but this years real lack of support is raising questions about the future but “paying as yo go” with OFGEM Tariff control seems to be the way ahead with all this uncertainty.  Bu Thank You again