Solved

Future annual GAS consumption not updating? Traditional meter

• 24 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Historically has updated every 24hrs or so but has not flinched for over one week, does anyone else know if it is poorly and a known problem that is being investigated?

Electricity, historically, only updates monthly or so but gas has always been more timely.

Thanks to the may weather my gas use has plummeted but my future annual prediction appears to be frozen in time. The cynical side of me might say this is to make me think I should opt for the fixed deal at 8.5p to save even more if I didn’t know the variable rate will be 7.5p come 1st July.

I have waited to post this in the hope it might have updated. A great company pre SSE, a shame.  Do they know it is broken and are they fixing it (the gas not the whole company)?

Padster

P.S. Not a smart meter issue, I don’t have one.

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 24 May 2023, 09:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Padster , I know you were asking a few months ago about tariff change but on the question of future annual use, one thing puzzles me. If you don’t have a smart meter, how can updates occur within 24 hr?

On gas specifically, there have been some data ‘foibles’ from around 14th May which affected many usage reports although these have been corrected now. Perhaps that affected your account as well. 

Hi BP,

I provide manual updates daily.

Hopefully the fix will filter my way shortly, around the 14th sounds about right actually.

cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Historically has updated every 24hrs or so but has not flinched for over one week, does anyone else know if it is poorly and a known problem that is being investigated?

Electricity, historically, only updates monthly or so but gas has always been more timely.

Thanks to the may weather my gas use has plummeted but my future annual prediction appears to be frozen in time. The cynical side of me might say this is to make me think I should opt for the fixed deal at 8.5p to save even more if I didn’t know the variable rate will be 7.5p come 1st July.

I have waited to post this in the hope it might have updated. A great company pre SSE, a shame.  Do they know it is broken and are they fixing it (the gas not the whole company)?

Padster

P.S. Not a smart meter issue, I don’t have one.

Ofgem are due to release the 1st July price cap data on Thursday 25th May so you will get a pretty good idea about what OVO will charge for their variable rate from 1st July. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Ofgem are due to release the 1st July price cap data on Thursday 25th June  ...

@Jeffus Bit before that, I think ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ofgem are due to release the 1st July price cap data on Thursday 25th June  ...

@Jeffus Bit before that, I think ...

Yep. Edited....