Skip to main content
Solved

Online account keeps directing me to pay as you go but I'm direct debit?

Hello, 

wondering if anyone can help please! 

I’ve been back and forth with OVO customer service team trying to set up my account (electricity only).

I don’t have a meter in my apartment or access to my meter (readings get sent). However, they said I need a smart meter installed but I’m confused because I don’t know where my actual meter is located and said that, I have emailed the Lettings agency for the apartment complex to see what she says, but my other problem is I can not get any access to my online account. it keeps sending me to a page saying ‘this page does not support pay as you go’ download an app which I have done but sends me back round in a loop as I’m not pay as you go customer.

i thought I had officially sorted it all today as a direct debit of £75 has been set up for a 1 bedroom apartment for one person and the man I was speaking with sent a link to my email to complete my online account set up as the apps do not support direct debit and again once I logged in I’m sent to that page ‘this page does not support pay as you go’ so I’m right back at the beginning again… it’s been weeks now trying to sort this and I don’t understand why it’s so difficult.

Anyone have any advice on what to do or how to help? 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

I don’t know if this will help, but try nevertheless:

1. Open a new private window in your browser. This will prevent any interference from pre-existing cookies.
  2. Visit my.ovoenergy.com, which should bring you to a login page.
  3. Click the link to Set up account.
  4. Enter your email address. This must be the same as the one you’ve used previously, or the one you want to use with OVO. This is important, because the address will become your login username and will be used throughout OVO to access your account.
  5. After submission, check your email for the activation message and follow its instructions. If you normally use an email client program (e.g. Outlook), it may be better to use webmail in the same browser session. Some clients make a mess of links in email messages. 

If this still doesn’t work properly, please come back here and tell us precisely what went wrong and where. Meanwhile, you may find this guide helpful: 

If the ‘pay as you go’ error still appears, you’ll have to contact Support again; there may be some baggage from a previous tenant linked to your meter which will have to be dealt with.

Userlevel 6

Hey @leanneSP94 

Welcome to the Forum, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been having but glad to see one of our volunteers Firedog has already stopped by with some great advice.

If you could complete the steps they’ve outlined and come back and let us know how you get on. If you’re still having trouble after that we’ll see what else we can do to help.🙂

Hello,

Sorry for the delay I have been away but thank you for your help, however it still showing me the same page…

I’ll give them a call tomorrow again if I get home on time. Hopefully someone will actually understand and listen to sort it or if you had any numbers I could contact directly to sort this type of issue? 

kind regards,

leanne

Userlevel 4

Hi @leanneSP94,

I’m afraid there isn’t a direct number to call for these types of issues. Did you manage to call the Support team about this?

It may also be worth contacting the team by webchat as you’d be able to send them a link to this thread to avoid having to repeat yourself.

Hey,

I haven’t been able to yet as I’ve been getting back home late from work. I did not realise a team can talk to you on WeChat as it’s always been a robot and directs me to call haha! But I’ll give that another go, is it just on the main website one? 

thank you for your help!

leanne

Userlevel 4

Hi @leanneSP94,

It’s the green chat box on the bottom right of the webpage. If you type in the word “agent”, the bot should ask a few security questions before passing you through to an agent. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Hello,

I have managed to get time to call them today, the First Lady hung up on me, so I called back up and spoke with someone else but I just seem to be getting different things said.

They keep mentioning the app that another agent said an app does not work for direct debit and need to login via online then been booked a smart meter appointment, but today I’ve had that cancelled as on their data base I’m not applicable for one as my actual meter is too far from my actual apartment 🤷🏻‍♀️

They’re unsure why I seem to be sent to the same page which is the one I have attached above, but a complaint has been logged and they said it’s being escalated so I have to wait for them to contact me, I have said I’m not available week days due to work but she assured that they’re open Saturdays when another agent said it was only Monday-Friday 🤦🏻‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

From the website 

Thank you, that is the number I have been contacting for the last month and a bit for direct debit.

Userlevel 4

Hi @leanneSP94,

I’m sorry to hear this is still ongoing. I’ve deleted the image you posted as it was showing your OVO account number.

It seems like there could possibly be a technical issue with your account.

If a complaint has been raised and escalated, you’d be assigned a case handler who’ll be looking into this for you. Hopefully they’ll reach out soon with some sort of resolution for you.

Please let us know if you have any further problems.