Solved

Am I PAYGO or OVO?

• 26 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi I use to have a pre payment metre now I just got a letter off owo.. saying I’m on a variable rate plan and simplier energy.

what is the meaning of this this it’s Christmas holidays I’m worried so I’m worried incase I need to top up and I haven’t got the details to top up with my metre as changing suppliers or will it automatically be paid monthly please help because it has not set up a direct debit yet to so I don’t want the electric to govoff

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 27 December 2023, 13:45

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mrlouey,

So sorry to hear this,

You say you don’t have the details to top up, have you just moved into the property?

The letter suggests you might be pay monthly, rather than top up meter. Are you sure your meter is pay as you go (top up)?

If so, you need to contact the support team:

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost

Userlevel 6

Hey @Mrlouey 

Did you get this sorted out?

Could someone advise me here - I just moved into my rented flat, traditional meter no key PAYG.  I’m trying to top up but my OVO card won’t arrive for  5 days.  

phoned OVO they gave me a code number and said go top up somewhere - but nowhere blinked what to do with just a code

feel like the lights will go out before u top up

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Maddie Steele ,

To ensure the best an most accurate advice can be offered, please post photos of your meter(s).

Thanks

Thank you for asking.  Image of meter attached here..

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I see.

That is NOT a PAYG Meter. Are you absolutely sure you’re on PAYG because it looks like you’re actually on Pay Monthly?

Try signing up online for Pay Monthly at https://switch.ovoenergy.com instead.

Thank you - will try to get sense from OVO again

Userlevel 6

Hey @Maddie Steele 

Did you speak with the Support Team again about this to get some clarity? 

As Blastoise186 has mentioned, the meter pictured is not a Pay as you go meter. Do you also have gas at the flat? If so, maybe that one is PAYG, if there is gas, feel free to send a photo over of the gas meter. 

Let us know how you’ve got on with this.