Solis Inverter 1P5K-4G, solis cloud only showing production of the inverter and solar

• 22 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Problem: No other information such as Load Consumption and Grid Import/Export. I read various manual and yet cannot apply all of them because there are not found in the settings of the inverter (more details below).

Question:

1. Is the firmware of the inverter causing the problem? If it is the firmware, how can I be able to update the firmware?
  2. If not the firmware, are there other solution without buying external smart energy monitoring devices? 

Known settings and parameters:

Inverter: Solis 1P5K-4G, Obtained around the year 2019, around June to October. 

Inverter was used with Limiter (LimByEPM) then now we have Net Metering installed (Generating). The CT is still plugged from the inverter and placed on the live wire before the main large breaker pointing towards the said breaker.

Inverter Version: AC

(Model: AC) as stated in the advance settings of the inverter

On the Advance Settings: There is no 24H Switch

On the Export Power Set: There is no Consumption Monitor in the options. Only Meter on Load, Meter on Grid and Current Sensor.

Using Solis Cloud to monitor the production.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @HNavi,

I’m sorry for the issues you’re having,

I wonder if any of the following topics have any helpful advice:

Does this instruction manual help? https://www.soliscloud.com/SolisCloud%20Operation%20Manual-UserV1.0.pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @HNavi , on some of these systems, there needs to be a data logging feature (sometimes additional to standard), so it will depend on what was installed. They are retrofittable if required as far as I’m aware. 
The manual Emmanuelle has linked is a useful starting point

Badge

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Does this instruction manual help? https://www.soliscloud.com/SolisCloud%20Operation%20Manual-UserV1.0.pdf

For my problem, no it does not help me on my problem since the datalogger is already programmed and connected to the wi-fi. 

I wonder if any of the following topics have any helpful advice:

The topic, Solis app not showing any details other than energy produced since we installed the solis inverter?, have similar problem with my setup with different inverter model. I followed the manual for my inverter but there are various difference from the manual and the settings on my inverter. Please read my posting again, I posted the detailed issue about the difference of my Inverter settings and the manual of this inverter. 

Link of the manual I read and followed:

https://www.solisinverters.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Solis_Manual_3-6K_4G_FN_AUS_V1.020210809.pdf

Hi @BPLightlog 

on some of these systems, there needs to be a data logging feature (sometimes additional to standard), so it will depend on what was installed. They are retrofittable if required as far as I’m aware. 

I am using EN2 Wi-Fi variant. It is already configured and install with Solis Cloud but only production from solar is shown in both app and browser based. Followed the manual that both of you still cannot find the other information such as grid and load reading.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The only additional detail I’ve found for the data logger is here
The set up guide suggests that once the logger is set up for your plant, it should appear in the readings. 
If this still doesn’t happen, I suggest that you might need to contact Ginlong/Solis

Badge

@BPLightlog 

The set up guide suggests that once the logger is set up for your plant, it should appear in the readings. 

After the setup of logger (thru solis cloud app), the reading of production and the graph of the production from the current or previous day/month/year.  

I attached the sample of what I see on the app on the spoiler below:

Additionally, I wanted to see this on the app:

Note: All pictures are from the google images.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It looks like you’re in Malaysia @HNavi , and there are often different specifications in different regions. This forum is UK based and so probably can’t help