Solved

IHD still showing the energy plan I used to be on, not my new one

• 4 January 2024
  • 7 replies

i changed my simpler energy plan on 28th December from Economy 7 to a single variable  rate which was acknowledged and implemented. I have now noticed today (4/1/2024) that the readings on my smart meter and IHD have reverted back to Economy 7 dual rates which I definitely do not want. How can I have this resolved?

icon

Best answer by Firedog 4 January 2024, 23:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

It’s impossible to be sure, but I suspect that the meter’s tariff data either hasn’t yet been updated or needs updating again. Please check your Plan page; that’s where you’ll see the rates that apply to your account, the ones that will be used to calculate your bill. The rates you see on the meter are supposed to be accurate, but they’re only for your information. It might take a few days for this to come right.

If the rates shown on the Plan page are also different from the ones you expected, Support should be able to put it right. They can also ask for the meter to be updated with the correct tariff data.

Caveat: I’m just an OVO customer like you, sharing personal experience of seven years in that role.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Ricky Millers,

Your meter would still clock as an Economy 7 meter, but you’d be charged the same rate for each register. As opposed to your meter being changed to single rate. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for your reply but it hasn’t helped at all. 

I am being charged the same rate for each register when I look at my bill via the OVO website.

However, the smart meter and IHD have reverted to Economy 7 updated January rates.

This is the reason I made the query. 

I have spoken to one of your colleagues via webchat this morning who has acknowledged the error and told me there is a delay in updating readings due to the January tarifff changes.

Their advice is to just wait and the meter will correct itself in the next 30 days or so.

I appreciate there may have been a delay in updating tariff price changes, but did not expect a display showing a different (former Economy 7) plan.

In summary, I am now monitoring both the OVO website and IHD outlets to see when they finally coincide.

I do feel that OVO should be issuing a general notice informing their customers that there may be a delay in updating smart meter readings and there is no need to worry.

I hope this explains my original query.

Userlevel 7

It will take the In Home Display a while to display the updated rates @Ricky Millers. But it won’t affect your billing, you’ll be billed what is showing on your Online Account. The online account will also display your true balance @Ricky Millers

Thanks for the response 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for the response 👍

@Ricky Millers 

If it doesn't correct itself in the 30 days, ask customer support to issue the SMETS command Update Tariff Configuration.

This should push the correct tarrif to your smart meter and IHD.

That's a great bit of advice, thanks very much🙂👍