Skip to main content

Hello, my meter has been broken for a while now. 
I am extremely rural and have been unable to manage getting an engineer out to help. ANYWAY i just wondered is this meter controlled by the rts signal. 

Hi @M4n5a , that doesn’t appear to be an RTS controlled device. It has been mostly used by EDF (and obviously SSE). 
The certification date suggests it’s in need of replacement anyway as it has a 20 year expectancy. 
There’s only one feed from it (most complex meters have multiples) and I guess the box in the bottom right corner is the switch/consumer unit?

A wider image would help to confirm 

Hi @M4n5a , that doesn’t appear to be an RTS controlled device. It has been mostly used by EDF (and obviously SSE). 
The certification date suggests it’s in need of replacement anyway as it has a 20 year expectancy. 
There’s only one feed from it (most complex meters have multiples) and I guess the box in the bottom right corner is the switch/consumer unit?

A wider image would help to confirm 

Hi thanks for your reply! 
I am happy to say I’ve managed to book a smart meter exchange for next month. I’m delighted.

Howdy!

I just got back from datamining this one for you, the other reason for my slow reply was because my other volunteer role sent me to a golf club all day (I got a free lunch out of it at least!). This is probably now more useful to other visitors, but I hope you don’t mind me adding some extra context anyway.

AFAIK the Actaris ACE9000 KBD isn’t capable of doing anything other than Single-Rate/Flat-Rate Tariffs, thus cannot be RTS managed. I’ve almost never seen any Traditional Prepayment Meter run on RTS outside of the THTC ones - pretty much all others operate locally if memory serves.

However… Yours might be in Free Vend Mode, so you may have a debt to pay off post-upgrade - just thought I’d give you a heads up on that!