Question

Evo and Ripple Energy

• 21 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m interested in knowing if and when Ovo Energy may be signing up with Ripple Energy as a supply partner.  I’m keen to join Ovo Enery, especially their EV Tariff, but I have shares in Ripple Energy and am therefore limited to subscribing to one of their supply partners.  Do Ovo Energy have plans to become a partner with Ripple Energy and if so, when?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve not seen any signs of it right now, but I can ask a Forum Moderator. This may take time though - so please bear with us.

It’s worth noting that OVO’s EV Tariff isn’t actually a “Tariff” as such. It’s actually an Add-On called Charge Anytime that you can add to any OVO Plan for free - the effect is that it’ll give you the discounted rates automatically. It’s done this way so you can flip tariffs and still keep Charge Anytime. :)

Thanks but that’s kind of diverting away from the main question.  Regardless of any bolt ons or tariffs, I can’t go with Evo Energy until they are a Ripple Energy partner.

Userlevel 7

Hey @philgreenworld,

I’ve not heard anything myself, but will ask internally and see if anyone can give a definitive answer.

Userlevel 7

Hey @philgreenworld,

This was the response I received from the team, and I’ll update this topic if I hear anything further:

The honest answer is it's not on any roadmap right now, but has been discussed in previous years. Previously I think one of the key concerns was taking customer's money before the wind farm was up and running. i.e. the speculative aspect was tricky to articulate to consumers. On principle, we like the the idea of offering an alternative route to accessing renewable generation where home generation isn't possible; we're in the process of looking at ways to iterate on Beyond, so thanks for bringing to our attention again.