Solved

Hyundai Kona- Compatible with Charge Anytime?

• 15 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I am just about to buy a Hyubdai Kona 

I want to make sure it is compatible with charge anytime and also that the charger is also compatible 

I have been told that the Kona needs to be 2019 or later- but not told why.also the charger should be an indra also not told why.

Can anyone help ensure I get the right car and right charger. 

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 18 April 2024, 10:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @keith berry ,

Just so you know, I’m a Forum Volunteer here - I don’t work for OVO myself.

All the compatible Chargers are listed here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/smart-charger#choose . If you make a purchase via that page, I won’t get any commission or kickback from it but it’s possible that OVO might get one (which won’t be passed to me).

Likewise, all known compatible EV’s are listed at https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime-cars-and-chargers

Hyundai isn’t listed, but if you were to use an Ohme or Indra Charger, you could still get Charge Anytime that way.

Thanks @Blastoise186 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have a Subaru Solterra and an MG 4 Trophy both are very happy with my Indra Smart Charger as was my previous SsangYong EV. Not on list either!

thanks Nick, much appreciated

Best wishes

keith 

Userlevel 6

Hey @keith berry 

Best of luck on your EV journey!🚗🔌

Glad to see some of our community members have already given you some really helpful advice, and as they’ve mentioned, even if a car isn’t compatible with Charge Anytime, you can still make use of the add on with a compatible charger.

We’ve even got a handy guide on how to set up a new smart charger with Charge Anytime that may be handy if you do pick 1 of the 2 on the list:

Feel free to also keep us updated with what you choose, I’m sure others would really benefit from hearing your experience.🙂

Any other questions, always feel free to pop back and ask.