Badge

I found the apps @jp1 mentioned 😁

For Android click here!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iternio.abrpapp

For iOS

https://apps.apple.com/no/app/a-better-routeplanner-abrp/id1490860521

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I was Just going to create a topic for this then saw @ITGeek123  beat me to it!

I am also worried about the sheer number of Cards I have to charge, its more than I ever had in credit and debit cards! I think I have 12 cards now.

Apps I use are:

Navigating:

Zap-Map

Plugshare

Charging:

Charge Your Car

Shell Recharge

GeniePointMobile

NextCharge

Chargepoint

ElectricHighway

PodPoint

Hubsta

Ubicitry

PolarPlus (Free with OVO’s awesome EV Everywhere Tariff)

Leafing (is that a word? 🙂 )

Kaluza (V2G)

Mobile App (Nissans app)

NissanConnect

NissanEV

QuickLeaf

My Leaf

I have 2 folders for them, owning a leaf I would also like to say Android Auto, Spotify and Google Maps are lifesavers for longer trips.

Userlevel 7

Apps I use are:

Navigating:

Zap-Map

Plugshare

Charging:

Charge Your Car

Shell Recharge

GeniePointMobile

NextCharge

Chargepoint

ElectricHighway

PodPoint

Hubsta

Ubicitry

Kaluza (V2G)

Mobile App (Nissans app)

NissanConnect

NissanEV

QuickLeaf

My Leaf

I have 2 folders for them, owning a leaf I would also like to say Android Auto, Spotify and Google Maps are lifesavers for longer trips.

All of these are EV related apps you use, @Jequinlan ? That’s remarkable if so!

It sounds like it would be much much easier for a more versatile, multi-function application for EV users.

For example, why is there 5 Nissan/Leaf specific apps on offer? One should be enough...

Userlevel 7
Badge

I was Just going to create a topic for this then saw @ITGeek123  beat me to it!

I am also worried about the sheer number of Cards I have to charge, its more than I ever had in credit and debit cards! I think I have 12 cards now.

Apps I use are:

Navigating:

Zap-Map

Plugshare

Charging:

Charge Your Car

Shell Recharge

GeniePointMobile

NextCharge

Chargepoint

ElectricHighway

PodPoint

Hubsta

Ubicitry

Kaluza (V2G)

Mobile App (Nissans app)

NissanConnect

NissanEV

QuickLeaf

My Leaf

I must admin My Leaf is a lot more stable. Currently running Android 11 beta on my phone and NissanEV official app is terrible. Just crashes! Unfortunately, it takes a while for Nissan to pull their finger out and actually update the app. As for the other apps. Be cool if you can add links to them for our fellow EV owners on here 😃 Thanks for sharing too 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Tim_OVO yes, these are all apps for the EV. Yes @ITGeek123 the Nissans own apps are diabolical.  I will post the links when i get a chance but to be honest copy pasting the names into the app store (google play) does just as well!

I am sure i will need to find more on my upcoming holiday to Devon! (Am going to write a blog for it as its my first extended time away from home with my new bev and no backup of a petrol engine!) Sadly my v2g stats are going to be crippled by it for a week.

Userlevel 5

That will be good to read, @Jequinlan, good luck with the trip! :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

42k miles on Nissan EV over 5 years, more than 100k miles on Hybrid, 10+ years - converted will never revert back to ICE.

My cost has been more than halved in maintenance and fuel over the years thanks to EV and solar panels. So yes a good pound wise decision as well. Not to forget the torque you get when you leave the traffic light - priceless :smiley:

Albeit my 950cc, V twin, 52 hp, four-stroke, 5-speed Yamaha - I love to bits and not changing anytime soon.

Userlevel 7

Albeit my 950cc, V twin, 52 hp, four-stroke, 5-speed Yamaha - I love to bits and not changing anytime soon.

*hence the forum profile pic*

I used to have a Suzuki Bandit 650 - lethal when icy, miserable when wet, fun when dry and warm!

I am sure i will need to find more on my upcoming holiday to Devon! (Am going to write a blog for it as its my first extended time away from home with my new bev and no backup of a petrol engine!) 

Best of luck on the way done, and looking forward to hearing about how she fairs on those muddy lanes!:cowboy::blue_car:

Badge

As others have said. There are multiple apps, not only for finding the chargers but for paying for them too.  As a EV owner I have at least half a dozen individual apps to pay when charging although some do offer tap and go too. The number of times I turn up to a charger, normally in the middle of nowhere and have to try and download an app, add payment methods and then actually plug the car in, is not funny. Still at least I have them for next time. Happy driving all. 

Userlevel 7

I have a feeling what sounds like a serious case of ‘technological complexity’ is going to settle down when EVs become mainstream and clear winners emerge. It sounds like that can’t come soon enough with all the difference apps needed, @andrewpbclarke