Question

ovo app not seeing charger. before and after deleting from ohme app. help!

Hi, first post so be kind 😁.

Just had ohme Epod installed - charges okay.

Registered charger fine in ohme app, but it didn't like selecting OVO as supplier, so used manual add tariff ok.

Set a short charge by okay.

Ovo app in "my ev" can't connect to charger.

So I ended up deleting acc on ohme app, and unregister for anytime add on.

Re did it all, still same and now no cheap rate.

Ohme said it's because ovo still attached to first attempt account.

How do I make work with OVO properly please?

Cheers 

M

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Mjf001 ,

The Charge Anytime team should be able to help you fix this. If you ping them an email to chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com , they’ll take a look.

That team works closely with the Forum, so if you give them a link to this thread, they’ll be able to see the discussion here too.

Thank you, I did that and got an automated response saying 3-5 day response time 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

They’ll be in touch as soon as they can - you might find it’s actually a bit faster though.

If you don’t get a response by this time next week, let us know here and we’ll try to figure something out.

A week 😱😲😲

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Purely to give the Charge Anytime team a chance to respond. The Forum Moderators have the power to do something faster if they choose to though.

Ok thank you for your time 😊 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Mjf001,

It looks like one of our volunteers @Blastoise186 has put you on the right path here. I just wanted to share a couple of links I think could be useful to you: 

Ohme OVO charge anytime guide

Let us know if you get things set up and working! 

As far as I can tell the anytime app won't work for me as my car (e208) isn't compatible, hence getting epod charger which is.

Userlevel 4
Badge

You’re right @Mjf001the Charge Anytime app only works with compatible cars from this list

You’d complete the setup through the Ohme online process as you have a compatible charger 🙂

Yes indeed I have done all that.

However the standard OVO app said couldn't connect to charger, and won't be getting the special tariff.

So I deleted the ohme settings and tried again. And now even ohme won't give me the special tariff.

Hence here we are.

Ohme say it's because I deleted and it's still tagged to the first attempt.

Full circle.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Mjf001,

I would suggest reaching out to the Charge Anytime team so they can help get this resolved for you. You can speak to them at 0330 175 9678 (option 1 new customers/option 2 existing customers) or chargeanytime@ovo.com

Keep us updated if this gets fixed 😊