Skip to main content

Just got going with Power Move Flex along side Charge Anytime this morning. I have the Charge Anytime schedule set to max charge of 80% at 09:00. The car has been plugged in since Saturday evening and seemed to be charged to 81% this morning (which I guess is within spec).

I happened to go into the garage at lunch time and discovered that the car was charging again. Quick look on the app shows that it has reached 84% and it's still charging at max rate. 

What is going on? Does Power Move Flex cause Charge Anytime to ignore the max charge percentage?

If I understand Power Move Flex correctly, I am supposed to keep the car plugged in as much as possible so that OVO can better decide when to actually charge the car. However, if it is going to keep charging the car above the set maximum percentage, then I don't see how I can keep it plugged in.

Part of this might be to do with your EV/charger setup. Depending on this combination you might have conflicts of control. 
There are guides - which you may already have seen of course. 

failing that you might need to contact the team at chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com 

Essentially you should either be using the Charge Anytime app or the smart charger app but not both