Solved

Do we pay a month in advance for our energy?

• 3 June 2019
  • 2 replies

My direct debit has jumped from £127 to £182 which I can't afford. It kept going up last year and I ended up being in credit and getting a refund of £200-£300. I would rather have a lower bill each month, especially at this time of the year the usage will be lower. I'm trying to find out if I left OVO, do we pay in advance or arrears, don't want to have another bill. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 4 June 2019, 15:20

Welcome to the forum, @ged123.

If you're on a fixed rate tariff, you'll pay a month in advance for your energy. If you're on our Simpler variable rate tariff, you can choose to pay on receipt of bill.

It sounds like there's been a Direct Debit review on your account, we've got a few topics about this here. If you can't afford the increase, we can try a lower amount - if you've got a debit balance the recommended amount will clear the debit balance in 3 months and leave you with a £0 balance at the end of your contract. #

Don't forget you can make one off payments on My OVO if you've got a debit balance!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Welcome to the forum, @ged123.

If you're on a fixed rate tariff, you'll pay a month in advance for your energy. If you're on our Simpler variable rate tariff, you can choose to pay on receipt of bill.

It sounds like there's been a Direct Debit review on your account, we've got a few topics about this here. If you can't afford the increase, we can try a lower amount - if you've got a debit balance the recommended amount will clear the debit balance in 3 months and leave you with a £0 balance at the end of your contract. #

Don't forget you can make one off payments on My OVO if you've got a debit balance!
Hi, the tarriff name is Simpler Energy and I pay by DD. I will have a look at the link you sent. Thanks for your help.