Solved

How to get Ovo to delete redundant MPANs

• 11 April 2024
  • 6 replies

In 2014 SSE converted our 3 single phase meters to one 3-phase meter. This meant that of the original 3 MPANS, two should be deleted. However SSE did not delete the redundant MPANs. This only became apparent when SSE sold its retail business to OVO. At this point OVO created new accounts for the two redundant MPANS and Ovo have been pestering us for payment for the bills generated for the two accounts.

The DNO (SSE) can see that the two redundant supplies do not exist but say that it is OVO's responsibility to get the redundant MPANS removed. I have sent several emails to hello@ovoenergy.com but have had no response.

What should I do next?

icon

Best answer by ChristopherS_OVO 12 April 2024, 12:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @peterinreading ,

It’s actually better to use Live Chat during office hours for this one: https://ovoenergy.com/help 

I was hoping for some feedback from other forum members as trying to communicate with Ovo themselves doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As a Forum Volunteer here, I aim give the best advice I possibly can whenever it’s practical.

Experience has taught me that certain things can’t easily be answered by Forum Volunteers or other customers. With that being said, I have sent this backstage to see what the others think.

It is also worth mentioning that if the only method you’ve tried so far is Email, then you haven’t really exhausted all your options yet. Phone and Live Chat really are about 10x faster than Email - try them.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @peterinreading,

I’d agree with @Blastoise186 that the fastest way for you to get this resolved is to either call or use live chat. Our support team will need to confirm some information with you in order to get this resolved and this could take some time via email. 

Let us know how you got on once you’ve spoken with them 😊

@ChristopherS_OVO : I need to show the documentation provided by the DNO SSE. I cannot do this on the phone or via Chat. Also, the issue is not to resolve this quickly - its already late by 10 years - the issue is to know who actually deals with this matter at Ovo and how to contact them. I thought someone on the forum might know how to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

OVO’s Live Chat includes a file upload tool. If needed, you can also email them in during a Live Chat - the agent can then just monitor the inbox and grab them immediately without waiting.

You don’t need to talk to anyone other than OVO Support - they’ll route the case internally.