Solved

Which meter shows my solar panel energy generation for feed in tariff?

• 11 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Good morning, I moved into our new home about a year ago and have really struggled with finding meter readings from the solar panels.

I don’t really k ow which box I should be looking at and what numbers they need. Any advice would be greatly received.

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 11 October 2023, 11:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The grey one on the right is the more likely candidate. However, if you’re on FiT then there’s a third meter - the Generation Meter and that’s the one you’re actually looking for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It does look as though the PV System isolator is linked into the grey meter bottom right.

It’s possible that that is being used as a generation meter (which is what you want for your FIT reading).

Looks like you’re on an Economy 7 tariff (or similar). Does the main meter (centre, cream colour) have your electricity readings for peak and off peak?

Badge

Badge

I’m not going to lie, I really don’t know what I’m looking at or what the figures are that OVO want for FIT readings. 

As I scroll though pressing the blue button I have 

t 10:08:59 (guessing that’s the time but wrong as it’s 1103)

0 40760

d 11.10.23

1 01346

2 39413

Does that make any sense to anyone please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On that meter, below the blue button, there’s a list of what each of those are. 
0 is total kwh

1 is rate 1 kWh and

2 is rate 2 kwh

if you add the readings for 1 and 2 together you will see that they add to the reading for 0

Are there any clues with a previous reading or serial number to check against?