Solved

Remote control for Mitsubishi Ecodan Air Source Heat Pump

• 29 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I’m hoping for some help in finding a system that allows me to monitor and adjust house temperature remotely. The house is heated via an Ecodan air source heat pump with underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs. Currently we have one wireless thermostat which allows us to set programmes as well as measure the temperature for a target in whichever room we leave it. 

I don’t think we need anything complicated, but want to be able to adjust the target temperature and programmes remotely. Even being able to initiate a hold temperature remotely and then cancel it again to engage the programmed settings would be fine. 

I’ve had a look at various smart thermostats but compatibility seems to be an issue and the in-house app by Mitsubishi gets aweful reviews. 

Any help or advice very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by juliamc 29 September 2023, 11:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I don’t have an Ecodan but all I’ve read about heat pumps is to avoid any third party controls. Also once set it’s best to leave the heat pump to chug along without intervention, rather than lowering and raising the target temperature too much. With my Daikin I have a room target temp set at 05:30 which drops down one degree at 21:00. Everything else is dealt with by the hp itself on weather compensation (called something else on Ecodan I think). My room sensor is fixed to the wall in the hall, not near an external door, so a fairly constant temperature.

As far as monitoring goes I use Daikin’s own app which isn’t brilliant but gives enough info. I’d try the Ecodan app if I were you.