Solved

Issues installing Tado v3+ with Vaillant Ecotec Sustain boiler

• 30 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Recently tried installing Tado v3+ wireless starter kit but left me with no power to boiler 

worked out the cable asked to replace in instructions was power to boiler so put both Tado and boiler L and N cables in the relivant ports in boiler and had power

however when it came to test, boiler didn’t fire.

was previously using Salus RT520 thermostat, unsure whether this is wired or wireless to boiler

tried the Tado support with no luck, they didn’t seem to understand.

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 2 October 2023, 14:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @cwalker1995 welcome to the Forum.

I’m sorry to hear that. 

As Tado Support are the experts, we don’t have guides or experts on these types of installations here.

I did check out the Tado Support page which has access to their Support Chat, and a whole selection of guides including a section on ‘installations’. https://support.tado.com/en/

I’ve also included a link to the home page on the V3+, which may be helpful too; https://uk.shop.tado.com/products/wireless-smart-thermostat-starter-kit-v3.

I wonder if any of our other users with Smart Thermostats can offer some helpful advice? @BPLightlog, @eezytiger, @EverythingNeedsAUserName 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It might be worth double checking on the install notes @cwalker1995. Mine is a Bosch Smart Controller which is wireless (links directly to the boiler). Obviously, that type of link would need a connection module on your boiler 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I'm afraid my experience is with the wired smart thermostat. My Ecotec 831 Plus boiler works in either relay or eBus mode depending on the wiring. I've tried both. Following the wiring instructions correctly is, of course, essential to success.

Unfortunately I can't advise on alternate boiler and thermostat types. 

Userlevel 6

No worries at all @eezytiger!

Thanks both for your input🙂