Skip to main content
Solved

Why isn't balance showing on Boost app after migration?

I was originally with ovo but was moved to boost and now I've been moved back.

Got the ovo app

Tried to register on website and it's saying I have to make a new password it takes me to the website which is being renewed. So how am I meant to sort that out?

Also why isn't there a balance on the app?

I'm a pay and go customer if my in home display was to fail I wouldn't be able to track balance, 

I would also like to point out this isn't good for people with disabilities who can't navigate websites etc or in home displays to not be able to see balances.

10 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mrslewis79,

I’m sorry to hear this.

Are you using the OVO top up app with the white background and green logo? Could you please try signing up using this link instead - https://my.ovoenergy.com/login 

It may be worth contacting the PAYG Support team on 0330 175 9669, so they can look into this for you if you’re still experiencing problems setting up your online account. The team are available from 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 5pm on weekends. They’re also available via webchat.

These topics may also be helpful:

I have the top up app with white background sorted, already tested it works, this dont show a balance anywhere, don't show my account number either. I downloaded the app added payment card info I had on the boost app and tested it by topping up it did credit on the ihd. But as I said this shouldn't be the only way to find what the balance is.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mrslewis79,

This is strange as you should be able to see your balance on the app. If it doesn’t show immediately it should show up after your first top up or scheduled reading.

Please reach out to the PAYG team on the number provided above so they can look into this further for you if this doesn’t happen.

Please keep us updated on how this goes.

Hello everyone! Just as the title says really.  I’ve been moved to OVO from Boost, downloaded the Top Up app and input the existing 19 digit codes for gas and electric as per the Boost app.  Was this right or should I have new codes?

If so, will my existing balance from Boost show on the OVO app anytime soon?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Mrs_Badger ,

The best team to ask is PAYG Support on 0330 175 9669 - they can double check that for you.

It’s possible things in your account are still moving over so please also allow some time for that to happen.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mrs_Badger,

I can see that our forum volunteer has already given some good advice here.

Just to add to this, you shouldn’t need a new top up number (PAN) unless there’s issues with the current ones. If your balance doesn't show up straight away in the app then it should start to show after the first top up or scheduled reading.

Hope this helps.

Update, it's now showing, I'm not sure why it wasn't at first took a week.

Thanks for your responses.

Hello everyone! Just as the title says really.  I’ve been moved to OVO from Boost, downloaded the Top Up app and input the existing 19 digit codes for gas and electric as per the Boost app.  Was this right or should I have new codes?

If so, will my existing balance from Boost show on the OVO app anytime soon?

I did this too,  mine didn't show at first I topped up 2 or 3 times and then all of a sudden it was on there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That is correct. Once you’re moved over, it can take at least 1-3 top-ups before your full data becomes accessible. This is partially because the meter starts to sync again once it gets those top-ups OR a scheduled reading.

After that’s done and you start seeing the balance in the app, you should be good to go.

Would of been great If that kinda info was given when moving over.