Skip to main content
Solved

Topped up at convenience shop, top ups not showing?

• 16 July 2024
  • 5 replies

About three hours ago I took my phone to the local shop. First shop worker couldn’t scan the barcodes. Shop manager put them in manually. He said I couldn’t put more that £49 on each utility.  It hasn’t shown up. Still on £13.  I have issues leaving me home. I wanted to put £150 on to cover the month.  What are my options and have I lost £98? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Tenzn ,

Do you have the receipts still? £49 is the max top-up per transaction - but please be advised the meters can also only hold a max of about £250 credit at a time.

On the receipts should be a UTRN Code. Please punch that into your meters and the credit you purchased at the shop should transfer over. If it doesn’t, let the Support Team know - they can help with this! 0330 175 9669.

In the future, try https://ovoenergypayments.paypoint.com to top-up rather than going to the shop if that’s easier.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Tenzn,

I’m really sorry for the issues you’re having,

I can see Blastoise has given some helpful advice here, I just wanted to add that the following topics may be helpful to you:

Still no Gas credit. Tried entering into what we think is the gas meter. We have also followed YouTube tutorials.It keeps saying ‘rejected’. I feel sick. Never had this trouble with Eon.  This pay as you go it’s not a fixed annual contract is it? I can leave at anytime? £49 down the drain. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s possible you may have topped up the wrong meter due to an error on your part of that of the shopkeeper - that’d be not OVO’s fault as you absolutely 100% must check you’re targeting the right meter with the right barcode. However, OVO can look into this and see what they can do to resolve it - a refund may be one option.

Please call 0330 175 9669 in the morning, or use Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help to use Live Chat.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Tenzn 

Sorry to hear this.

Blastoise186 has left really good advice hear already, as we can’t access accounts here at the Forum we can’t see what exactly has gone wrong but the Support Team can trace what’s happened.

Please get in touch with the Support Team so they can help you sort this out. Keep us updated with how you get on.