Solved

How do I get my £150 Warm Home Discount on a key meter?

• 6 January 2024
  • 7 replies

A question on how to get the £150 on a key meter.  I says to put something on the key for 3-5 days in a row, and in the same place, does it matter how much you put on each day?  Today I put £1 on and was going to for the next 4 days again, would this work? Bloke in the shop seemed to think I needed to put up to £150 on to get the £150!! Which I’m sure isn’t right! 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 6 January 2024, 16:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @CJ21 ,

Good news for ya! As long as you do one top-up on each of those days, you can do so by whatever amount you wish. So you could do one day with your normal/preferred amount, and the others with random amounts. Either way, as long as you do them on separate days, at the same shop and transfer the credit to the meter each time, it should work fine. Regardless of what you choose to use, all the credit you buy at the shop would go onto the meter anyway, so you can’t lose anything by trying.

You don’t need to put £150 on to get the WHD credit. You can if you want to, but that’d bust the meter balance limit so isn’t recommended.

If it fails, let Support know and they’ll dig deeper.

Thanks so much for your reply, so each day the credit that's put on the key should be put in the meter, daily? Not leave it until the end of the five days? As how the letter is written, it makes out the 5 top ups is done then it's put in the meter!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Correct. You need to transfer the credit to the meter ASAP after buying it.

It looks like I’m not the only person who has experienced this shambles of topping up the meter daily to no avail. I’ve now done it nine times and not received a single penny of the WHD I’ve tried their chat service which is a waste of time I’ve phoned a total of 4 times to be told they’d call me back. So far nothing. I was with SSE and had no problems. Once I’ve got this resolved it’ll goodbye/riddance to OVO they probably rate as the worst company I’ve had to deal with and I’ll be advising my friends to do the same. If it’s not resolved today then it’s on to the Ombudsman. 😡

Userlevel 7

Hey @MrAngry,

I’m really sorry to hear this,

For the top ups it needs to be 3 to 5 times and needs to be from same location. The meter can only hold a maximum of £255 with the warm home discount so if you have more than 106 on the meter the Warm Home Discount will not be applied. Once you have a balance that is lower than 105 it can be applied.

If this advice doesn’t help resolve the issue, I’d advise contacting the support team to investigate this further.

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

I have a key meter 

I top up my key in 4 different days always at the same Paypoint but I didn’t receive the £150 for warm home discount

anyone else in the same sitution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Lucrecia ,

It takes five to six top-ups on separate days at the same shop to apply this kind of code. You must also insert the key into the meter after each top-up to process the code for that transaction - do NOT top-up again until you’ve done so. If you go to any other shop, the entire cycle must be started again as you’ll have reset the process. Additionally, if the transaction would take the meter balance over £255 it will not transfer the credit from the key. Please make sure it’s under £100 before attempting to move credit onto the meter.

If that still doesn’t work, please contact the Support Team and they’ll take a look. https://ovoenergy.com/help or https://boostpower.co.uk/help as appropriate.